Strep

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psalmist

I started feeling bad yesterday and really bad today. Just got out from the doc and was told I have a bad case of Strep. I picked up the Antibiotics and have already started. I have a low grade fever but nothing much to speak of except extreme pain swallowing. Any thoughts on this is the first time I have had it post surgery! Any special concerns?

seth

Strep shouldn't pose any special problems and since you have seen your doc and are on antibiotics, everything should work out OK. Antibiotics may screw up your INR a little bit as long as you are on them, but will return to normal. Strep is one of the serious "bugs" that doctors always warned me about and it sounds like you have done what is needed.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement. I have not heard anything about it in regards to Mechanical Valves. Just wanted to know if I needed to be concerned.

Seth

Seth, Sorry you are sick. I think it only poses a serious threat when not treated promptly. Sounds like you didn't waste any time getting diagnosed, and starting treatment. You should be fine, just be sure to take the antibiotic for the full prescribed time. Get well so you can enjoy Thanksgiving with the family! All the best, your valve bro, Brian

strep is the bacteria that causes scarlet fever and rheumatic fever, but only after prolonged infection, I believe. You've got the antibiotics, so you should be OK, but if your fever gets any worse or you have any other problems, either go to ER or doctor ASAP.

better

better

I am starting to feel better. I am making sure that I take my antibiotics as I should and resting a lot. I will be going back to work tomorrow so I hope to be doing even better by then. Thanks for all the help.

Latest posts

Back