Strattera and Heart Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Money

Hi Folks.
I hope everyone is doing well, recovering well, or patiently waiting for a successful VR surgery. Prior to my surgery I had taken Strattera for attention/concentration related issues. When my AV problem was diagnosed, my primary care doc. told me to stop taking it. Now that I have completed my surgery and things are in working order I'd like to get back on this medication. My cardio. said that he thought it was OK and my promary care doc. said only if I really need it. Now that I have been back to work for 2 months, I'm finding it necessary to get back on this medicine. My problems seem to be substantially worse post-op than pre-op. This is probably due in part to the surgery, but I am having some real difficulties. I was just curious if anyone out there had any thoughts on this. Strattera is the non-stimulant ADD medication commonly used for adults. However, some of the rare side effects include increased heart rate/blood pressure. I'm curious to hear what any of you might have to say. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know anything about Strattera, or much about ADD, either. However, I DO know that there are issues with concentration after OHS, as well as memory. I would think that if you had concentration issues due to ADD prior to surgery, the problems that many of us experienced post-surgically would be exacerbated by the underlying ADD.

I don't know if any of our members have encountered this - I can't remember previous threads discussing it. But it's interesting.

I have a granddaughter who needs to be taking that, so I have an idea of your experiences. Yes, after surgery, we can have some difficulties. Why not check w/your dr, ask the people who make Strattera, get all the info you can. Then if you get back on it, be sure to check your pulse/bp often.

Latest posts

Back