Strange Pets....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njean

Premium Level
Supporting Member
Yesterday afternoon, we went to a friend's farm for Christmas dinner & he wanted to introduce us to "Matilda", a desert tortoise that he rescued this summer.

Seems that "Matilda" had come in contact with some curious dogs & in their scuffle to try to see what was underneath the shell, they turned her upside down, which is how our friend found her. He has no idea how long the poor turtle had been like that but he righted her & took her home with him.

She loves lettuce, carrots, but her favorite food is apples. I was trying to coax her to come out but she was very shy. Here's a picture of Matilda & yours truly.

View attachment 7344

What a beautiful critter. These large species of torties will enjoy many types of greens and fruits.
On your next visit, put down a plate of cantaloup and watermelon and she might peek out for you.

Andrew begged and begged and begged for a bearded dragon for his 9th birthday .... and he got one! "Beardy" is definitely the strangest pet we have owned! Andrew loves him, and he is growing on me too, little by little.....
:)

My cousin has a big turtle that lives under the house in the back yard comes to the back door to get his food, has him some type of heater under the house?? had him for a few years now. My daughter has a pet rat, gray and white, he is very smart and loves her comes when he is called by his name Timpleton. I can't believe I have a rat in my house!

At the kindergarten I teach at, we have a pet turtle called Franklin. The children love him. Sometimes we let him out to explore around the playground, and he gets in the sandpit and has a good time roaming around in there. The kids sit on the side of the sandpit and are very careful not to bump or knock him.

Norma,

He is a rather large turtle! Will he get any bigger? They are fascinating creatures! I am a nature lover, and adore animals!

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back