stents

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marilyn

I had a stent put in July 2009. This year I had 3 more stents put in July 2010. Has anyone had stents that close together? I ask when in the hospital if this was unusual. I was told it was not the norm, and they do not know why some people do this. I do not have high blood pressure, cholesterol good, thin, and exercise. They told me it was the genes. They told me I was a complicated case. I also had open heart surgery 2006. Those grafts were about 50% blocked. They did not put stents in them. I am not sure what someone can do when their genes are the problem.

I heard at a Marfan convention years ago that Marfan people do not get blocked arteries. Well, that was soon debunked, but it seems most people with connective tissue and valve problems do not seem to have blocked arteries. So far, I have no blocked arteries nor need for stents. On the other hand, I have a first cousin (not Marfan-like at al--not like mel) who has had bypass surgery and numerous stents put in place. It seems to have substantially extended his life. Despite our different heart-related problems my cousin was a good source of information for me about heart surgery the first time for me. In summary, his genes are very different from mine, despite our being first cousins.

Latest posts

Back