Staying the Course -- 05-16-2016

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Staying the Course with difficulty at moment, Develop a pain in back of neck, hopefully not a pinched nerve. Have had this kind of thing occasionally but it usually quickly resolves. This seems to be worsening.. Thought about just bagging this thread for the week, but I guess there's value in plodding on, muddling through.

I did win the silver medal for the weekly 50K challenge posed by my Garmin Vivofit. This is a little friendly competition with folks around the world who are tracking their steps. I really love my Garmin, and hat tip to Pellicle for providing the comparative info that led me to choose it last August (over Fitbit and other such gadgets). I have taken 1.5 million steps since then, increasing the pace in January when I adopted Ellie the Incredible Walkng Dawg.

Frog-strangling torrents this afternoon so glad we got a walk in this morning. Not sure we will get a second one in. E is no dumb dog -- she's been napping all afternoon through the downpours out there.

Before the rains, enjoyed my grandson's Little League game last night. His Cardinals team won the league championship, and it was neato to see him dash around the bases trying to score from first base on a single. He slid in and they got him only because of a perfect relay throw (rare in LL) -- but it was exciting.

Hope all of y'all are staying your courses with aplomb (whatever that means)...

Cheers,

Superbob

Working to get some momentum going again with something new - just tracking my fruit, veggies etc and trying to jam in as many healthy foods as I can. Also started taking tae kwan do.

Still plugging along here too. My son and I played tennis and indoor basketball before the rain came this afternoon. Tomorrow we hope to ride our bikes if it's nice. Thanks for powering through and keeping the thread going SB.

Tom

Thanks, guys, it really is refreshing to read all of your updates of how it's going and what you're doing -- get some good ideas and inspiration from this. BTW, my neck pain seems to have subsided considerably this morning, thank goodness. Took a couple of Tylenol Arthritis -- may have helped. Or maybe I just slept more comfortably.

It's a rainy week, but need to get at least one good walk in today and every day. It was absolutely pouring at dinner time yesterday so we had a pizza and antipasto delivered. It was a small pizza so didn't go too far astray. Dornole, tell us more about the tae kwan do as you proceed with it -- good luck with it. Weight: I think I've hit a plateau but since I'm down 15 since first of year, it's okay -- would like to trim off some more by the end of the year.

Cheers!

I'm at a standstill. Vacation starts tomorrow, and I can't get motivated to either cut the calories or increase my exercise. Woe is me! Superbob, I hope your neck pain is gone by the time you read this, or at the very least, by the time I return from the Land of Pie and Cheese.

Latest posts

Back