Staying the Course -- 02/12/2018

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry about those dental problems.mysteries, Paleowoman , but those walks in the countryside are certainly a blessing. Thank you for sending the beautiful photos. Hope the dental dilemmas are resolved to your benefit. I've managed to get through several extractions now, and have had a bridge done to replace a couple of them.

honeybunny, at the rate I've been going the past few days, you may well beat me to minus-6.4. Last night, for example, my son had complementary tickets to the most spectacular buffet hereabouts. I was pretty moderate on the entrees, avoiding the fried stuff, and at the dessert table I was just going for fresh fruit, when they brought out a huge fresh pan of peach cobbler and set it in front of me. The flesh is weak. My dipping spoon came up with a serving filling the whole dessert plate. Tonight my wife had a taste for Chinese food, nuff said. I will be lucky to be down even 1 pound for the week.

Superbob - what's amazing about where I am able to walk is that it's not in the countryside at all - tit's all in a built up area, outskirts of London, so it is amazing for me to find such lovely, quiet, places to walk not far away from home which make it feel like I am in the countryside - I'm lucky.

I would have a bridge, I have two already, but have been advised already that I would need the two teeth adjacent to the future extraction crowned whch would weaken them and that whole area since there are so many crowns there already. An implant would be out due to me having osteoporosis. The main thing bothering me is that this tooth which root is 'resorbing' is one of the best looking and strongest natural teeth left in my mouth and it makes no sense that this is happening, plus I'm dead scared after the neuropathic issues I had after the last dental work the year after heart surgery - I still get the nerve 'firing up' in my mouth from time to time three years on - it was all very traumatic to go in without pain for a root canal and a few hours later begin months and months of terrible pain - this is all worying me. I've had so many injections and root canals that all went like a breeze so I'm hoping that this new dentist I'm seeing week after next will be better.

I hope you manage to resist temptation food wise next wekk !

Hi, folks!

Greg A - Is that YOU? You've been away for quite a bit, but we are happy to welcome you back, old friend! You'll have to bring us up to date on all that has happened on your end.

Anne and HB - I sympathize with your dental issues. I've never been blessed with "good" teeth, so mine are all either capped or bridged. I often worry about going through airport metal detectors with all the metal in my mouth, but they've never questioned it all. It is rather costly here, though, as there are no dental insurance plans that will cover the amount that these pearly-whites can cost. There is also a lot of pain and discomfort as they are being fitted. I am currently about 2/3 of the way through re-doing all of my uppers (needed due to gum recession around the old crowns).

I also see the dental hygiene tech four times annually. My dentist and I feel that this gives us the best chances to avoid any dental impacts on my heart or valve, and it allows us to catch any deterioration before anything serious happens.

Other than that, just another day in the neighborhood. Weather is all over the weather-map. We had snow again on Friday, cold on Sunday, and now it is supposed to be unseasonably warm and rainy on Monday and Tuesday. I really wonder what spring will be like, and when it will come.

Latest posts

Back