Soy to lower Cholestrol?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

danseamour

Recently, I've been thinking about introducing soy into my diet after reading some articles stating that soy can lower cholestrol. Cholestrol lowering drugs have become too expensive for me since my insurance dropped brand name coverage for medication and there are no generic replacements yet for drugs like Lipitor, etc. Has anyone here experienced reduced cholestrol after beginning a diet high in soy?

Janet

Soy products and PT/INR

Soy products and PT/INR

Janet,
Soy can help lower cholesterol and is also a good sub. for estrogen in women but it also can decrease your PT. It has to go on that list of foods that you are careful about how much you eat. I am a vegetarian, I grew up eating "fake" meat when it was not the thing to do. Just be careful and get your PT checked.

Lettitia

THANKS

THANKS

Thank you both so much for the information. One thing that just did not cross my mind was that soy could have an effect on my monthly PT. I will certainly discuss this with my Cardiologist on my upcoming visit.

Janet

Latest posts

Back