Southern USA but where??

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonzo Dog

cityquestion-1.jpg

I'm playing a 'where in the world is this?' game on another forum. Your help please.

The poster, from Seattle gave the following teaser/clue.

I'm going to get hung for this next photo. It's a US city, more likely in the south than north. Help me identify it.

Mary that was my first thought. It sure looks like Atlanta.

Where's Bonnie when we need her?:confused:
When we came through Atlanta, after the reunion in Orlando, she gave me a blow by blow account of what landmarks we would pass as we made our way through downtown. She knew Atlanta like the back of her hand!:)

The plot thickens!! We are given the following mixed message, but no actual location. :rolleyes: It is not a southern city!!!!! So the solution is still open for claiming.

I have solved this puzzle! So now we don't have to hang me as a punishment for submitting a photo that even I don't know the answer. It is not Atlanta, Dallas, or Seattle. It is in the US, but not in the South. This photo is taken from a very tall building in the city.

This 'Where in the world is this PLACE ?' thread seems never ending. It now runs to 249 pages, with the unknown cityscape on page 249. If any one would like to take a look at some global scenery :) I'll link you in to page 242 http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120242&page=242&pp=20

..and this picture really was taken from the John Hancock Bldg...when we three got together a couple of years ago. I think the tall building in the background is the Sears Tower -- but have to ask my Chicago girlfriend..!

Chicago was my first guess when I found out it wasn't a southern city. I'm almost certain it is Chicago.

any downtown picture of Atlanta would show the Golden Dome of the capitol.

Chicago really isn't in the south, Bonzo. We gotta get you over here and give you a tour.

Now, if you post the Grand Canyon, bet we'd all get it.

That's what I was thinking AaronJ. Took the city right out of my mouth.:eek:
Phoenix,Az. Smog and buildings look about right!!!;)
Do we win the free round trip tickets to anywhere in the USA?????Help me on this one AaronJ...

I am also going with Chicago (photo taken from the Sears Tower). I think it is too large a city to be Phoenix. I think the two taller buildings are in this photo.

Back