Some more info on my surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sood

So I haven't gotten the nitty gritty tech details of my valve size and graft repair on the ascending aorta. I was told the surgeon used the new contoured on-x valve that recently gained FDA approval. Also my existing valve they replaced had 4 leaflets! It was in bad shape.
Lastly the surgeon said the lining of my aneurysm was thin. iMO never a bad idea to have surgery too soon, they can't tell with a lot of these things just how bad it is until they see it with their own eyes.

Re: Some more info on my surgery

I'm glad you are doing well. I agree, tests only show so much before, it can be a different story when surgery begins. I hope you like your new on-x valve!

Good to see you post again Sood. Hope your recovery keeps going smooth. My dr called today and asked me if I could do surgery tomorrow. haha. Husband is having enough trouble getting all the paperwork in for the family medical leave act for May 23rd. I told them I could show up but my support team couldn't. lol. Oh well just a couple of more weeks. Take care of yourself. Kim

Good to see you post again Sood. Hope your recovery keeps going smooth. My dr called today and asked me if I could do surgery tomorrow. haha. Husband is having enough trouble getting all the paperwork in for the family medical leave act for May 23rd. I told them I could show up but my support team couldn't. lol. Oh well just a couple of more weeks. Take care of yourself. Kim

Don't worry Kim it will all go great and ill be praying for you!! Just try's to relax with your family and wait for the big day.;)

Sood, probably better they did it regardless... you are young and strong and it's very manageable. I am a month post op and pretty much streamlined on diet and Coumadin and it's rather simple, honestly. Welcome to the other side (I'm a rookie too though :)

Latest posts

Back