Sodium, How Evil Is It?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bina said:
Y'all need to remember, that to eat low sodium, it is imperative to stay away from most restaurants.
I know......it's not fair is it?;)
Don't I know it! :eek: :mad:

Some restaurants are accommodating. We have one here whose owner has a husband with CHF, and she was wonderful about putting together a meal for Joe. It wasn't easy, because many things are pre-seasoned. But it did work out well.

Hey Cooker!

2 things -

First, congrats on your weight loss.

Second, I think you're smart to be questioning the soup. Anything we do repetitively like 2 cans of soup/day while dieting is cause for review.

I personally don't care much for salt. Seems to me everything pre-made has too much of it. I like to cook from scratch to avoid it.

My favorite quick "home cooked" chicken soup consists of low sodium organic chicken broth (the kind in a milk carton container), a whole cooked chicken from the grocery store, fresh carrots & celery. Strip the meat from the cooked chicken and combine it all in a pot and call it your own. Just delicious.

Peace,
Ruth

ruth said:
Hey Cooker!

2 things -

First, congrats on your weight loss.

Second, I think you're smart to be questioning the soup. Anything we do repetitively like 2 cans of soup/day while dieting is cause for review.

I personally don't care much for salt. Seems to me everything pre-made has too much of it. I like to cook from scratch to avoid it.

My favorite quick "home cooked" chicken soup consists of low sodium organic chicken broth (the kind in a milk carton container), a whole cooked chicken from the grocery store, fresh carrots & celery. Strip the meat from the cooked chicken and combine it all in a pot and call it your own. Just delicious.

Peace,
Ruth

Thanks Ruth. That sounds delicious but I think I would need to add some noodles:D

sodium

sodium

My salt intake has to lower because of high blood pressure and water retention. It's shocking to see how much sodium is in foods. I was surprised to see that milk has sodium.
Viki

VikiVix said:
My salt intake has to lower because of high blood pressure and water retention. It's shocking to see how much sodium is in foods. I was surprised to see that milk has sodium.
Viki

Viki.....it appears everything has sodium, everything....

cooker said:
Thanks Ruth. That sounds delicious but I think I would need to add some noodles:D

Mmmmmm, treat yourself to some wild rice with that soup. I like to spoon the rice right INTO the soup when serving. Yum, I'm getting hungry now. :D

Latest posts

Back