So bummed...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halleyg

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I finally found out today what my out-of-pocket would be for my home tester through QAS. $1500!! I am so disappointed. It is more economical for me to go to the lab like I've been doing. I know a lot of you have gotten yours for much less, so I don't know why it's so high (OK, I do, the insurance plan), although it's $1000 less than what I was quoted last year on a different plan. We will be changing insurance again in a few months, so guess I'll keep trying..

Out-of-pocket $1500! This is how much it was going to cost me if I bought it directly from Phyllips without the insurance!
Shop around and sometimes the internet offers great discounts.

I finally found out today what my out-of-pocket would be for my home tester through QAS. $1500!! I am so disappointed. It is more economical for me to go to the lab like I've been doing. I know a lot of you have gotten yours for much less, so I don't know why it's so high (OK, I do, the insurance plan), although it's $1000 less than what I was quoted last year on a different plan. We will be changing insurance again in a few months, so guess I'll keep trying..

Wow, that is way too much! I bought mine from QAS too and my insurance paid for all of it! My cardio sent in the paperwork to QAS & then they sent it to my insurance for approval.

Is your cardio helping you out on this as far as recommending or prescribing one for you?

Try another vendor

Try another vendor

Halley:

The price you quoted is the same price that most places charge for peopel who do NOT have insurance.

We bought our 2nd monitor, an INRatio, for 1,500. in September 2008. It was an out-of-pocket expense for us.

One of our members recently bought an INRatio for much less. I will try to find that post. You really need to shop around. There was a time when there was only one authorized dealer for home testing. THen, later, there were only two authorized dealers for home testing. Now there are many more than that.

Please don't give up. Albert likes home testing because it is easy and convenient for him. I adore it because of the safety features. When his INR was more than 9.0, we were less worried (could have been frantic) and we were able to manage it, with our Internist's directions, at home and not in the hospital.

Sorry you could not get insurance to cover it.

Thanks for all of your encouragement to shop around.. I didn't even know I could. Yes, my cardio prescribed the machine. My deductible is $1000 and hasn't been met, then we have to pay 20% on top of that. Where else can I shop for one?

Halley,

Which month does your insurance coverage start?! If you just started the new cycle, and you have to pay the out of pocket sooner or later, I personally would pay it on the machine and thus your physical check ups, doctor's visits, will be free or 20?off? For me, once I meet the deductible, I do not pay anything...Just a thought.
Strangely, after I came home from the hospital, I had an email offering me 800 dollars discount on a machine which was they claimed was $2000. But I was in another world at the time...I wish I kept it.

I purchased my own and then fought with Cigna for 8 months and finally got it all paid for. Key is your Doctor prescribing it which is probably a given or they won't even sell it.

Latest posts

Back