snow in La.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Marie

This is what our snow looks like a the moment, Dec 11, 2008 way too early to have that much snow but oh well have to live with it I can just imagine that by the end of winter we'll be buried.

Hi Marie

This is what our snow looks like a the moment, Dec 11, 2008 way too early to have that much snow but oh well have to live with it I can just imagine that by the end of winter we'll be buried.

It's very beautiful but no way would I want to live in it. A few flakes every 10 years works for me.:D

We got snow too! It was so exciting, although the ground was too warm for it to stick. On the north side of town, it looked about like Marie's picture. I saw cars on the way to work this morning with snow on their roofs and hoods. It's supposed to get up to 58 today and back into the 70's by the weekend, so I guess that winter has come and gone.

I wish I was there too Lisa, it feels like it's been snowing none stop since the beginning of Dec.. Oh wait it has lol. We get snow and if it stops it gets really cold. Already sick of it and it just started. It's crazy now their calling for 25mm of rain on Monday with a high of 7C what a mess this is going to be.

It's very beautiful but no way would I want to live in it. A few flakes every 10 years works for me.:D

That would work for me too Earline. Having walked to school in the snow, many times a LOT of snow, during my childhood, I have long since lost most of my appreciation for the stuff. I forgot to mention that I walked uphill both ways. ;)

YIKES!!!!! Yep thats yet to come here,if not worse,we generally

look like you,hopefully doesn't start to do it when we have to

travel for my surgery Jan:eek:

zipper2 (DEB)

That would work for me too Earline. Having walked to school in the snow, many times a LOT of snow, during my childhood, I have long since lost most of my appreciation for the stuff. I forgot to mention that I walked uphill both ways. ;)

I walked to school as well but no hills here.:D I can remember the school closing twice in 12 years due to snow. As i remember not really a lot of it but it was a treat then:D

When I was in 5th grade, we got snow twice. The first time it started after we were already at school, and my teacher, who was older than God, was the only one in the whole school that wouldn't let us go outside and play. She opened the blinds so we could see it (and also see everyone else playing), and made it a special "reading" day, where we took turns reading a book out loud to the class. Luckily they dismissed school as soon as they could get the buses back (the bus drivers were also teachers so they had to get in touch with them and redirect their students) and we were home shortly after noon. The second time it snowed during the night and we got to stay home.

That's it - my memory of snow during my school years. Now if you want to know about rain, I can tell you about the time it rained 27 inches in a few hours and we swam home.... Oh...I rode the bus 5 miles each way - no hills, no snow. It was just 13 ft above sea level. It was dangerous though in elementary because we had to ride with the junior high kids who liked to sit in the back and smoke and the bus driver smoked like a chimney and didn't use deodorant! Ah, the good old days!

Our niece just moved to Houston from Casper, Wyoming. Yesterday she wrote on her myface page that she was laughing at her Houston neighbor taking a picture of the snow on his car!
It's all just a matter of what you're use to.;)
Last Christmas, our son saw a few snowflakes in Bagdad, and although he's no stranger to snow, he thought it was impressive!
Enjoy your snowflakes, Earline!:)

Latest posts

Back