Six Years and Counting!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hank,

Happy Anniversary. My wife and I both thank you for all you've accomplished here at VR.com and with your then newborn life as a valver. As a 3 month plus 4 post op OHS survivor I wear my "rookie" status proudly. Without the help, guidance, suggestions, tears, laughs and sometime "kicks in the butt" provided here this journey would have been much more difficult.

As one of the fortunate "valve repaired" members here I lack some of the long range experience and enjoyments with the coumadin, noises, and other things true "valvers" live with but I will (elbow-----elbow) continue to offer my own side of the story as long as there are readers here or until you or Ross kick me off (kicking and screaming of course).

Thanks again for all you started, although the motivation was brought on by bad circumstances. Your continued good work here, along with the rest of the family, will help those that follow get through.

As tobagotwo said "Hopefully, years from now, this will just be a chat site, and we'll say things like, "Remember when valve replacement was such a big deal, and people were so worried about it? Back then, who'd have believed it would become a one-hour outpatient clinic procedure?" In 6 to 10 years, newbees won't know what us "oldtimers" are talking about when typing about coumadin, ugly scars, long hospital stays, bad nurses/doctors/food (Na, they'll always be around :D ) and other oldie but goodie experiences. I know some of us laugh when we remember grandparents talking about walking so far to school, not having electricity, phone, TVs and running water, and other "modern" conveniences. WHO WODA THUNK!!!!!!!!! :D

May God Bless Us All,

Danny

Happy Anniversary from Connecticut

Happy Anniversary from Connecticut

As someone who has been given every possible kind of well-intentioned but often contradictory advice about how to deal with my bicuspid AV and asymptomatic stenosis, I was one confused and frightened fellow for quite a while. Then I stumbled upon VR.com, and it has been a wonderful blessing.

Now I am looking at my upcoming surgery date (May 2) with a measure of calm confidence that I simply could not have achieved without this amazing group of internet colleagues.

Hank, I thank you; my wife thanks you; my kids thank you; my sister thanks you; her kids thank you....you get the picture.

Happy anniversary and many happy returns.

Richard

Back