Six Years and Counting!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hank

VR.com Founder, Now just a Member
Hello All,

I forgot to post yesterday, but April 2nd was the six year anniversary of my valve replacement surgery!

Six years ago today - I was feelin the post surgery blues and wondering if I could ever possibly recover from such a thing. Now, If it wasn't for this site and you wonderful people who are now a part of my life, I wouldn't even know I ever had the surgery!

And of course the little yellow pill (coumadin) I have taken every day since then.

To those who have surgery in your future - Recovery can be complete and life will be good again.

To those who had surgery less than 6 years ago - You are all just rookies!

To those who had surgery more than six years ago - I bow to your veteran experience and wisdom.....

And to everyone - Thank you for helping to make this dream to want to help others a reality.

I am over 14 years post tissue valve replacement. But I am also 32 years post TOF repair and 39 years post BT shunt. You are just a rookie except for the coumadin.

I also know other pioneers that came before me.

Debbie

Congratulations Hank.

I am one of the "oldies" as my first valve replacement was over 24 years ago. The 11th anniversary of my second replacement (3rd OHS) is coming up this month.

It's been an interesting road full of wonderful people and just the wonderment of being alive.

Thanks for bringing so many people together united in the cause to make this all easier and without unnecessary fear.

I never did know when VR start ed til now. Gosh, it was about a yr old when I found it, maybe less. A miracle for me. Look what your heart and six years have wrought.

Congratulations, Hank, on your anniversary. May you grow to be old.

Congratulations Hankster

According to your definitions, I'm a veteran and a rookie. 10 years and almost 3 now. :D

Hank,
As I await my date, I thank heaven that you blazed this path beforehand. What you have done with the site has, and will be, the answer to many people's prayers.
Congratulations on your sixth anniversary, and congratulations on your life.

Hank, I think you've got it backwards. . .

Hank, I think you've got it backwards. . .

You're thanking US? WE are thanking you for taking the personal time and interest, and converting them into this wonderful site with its family and friends.

As on of those still awaiting surgery, I bow to you as not only a role model, but also as one who has accomplished great things in a short time.

THANK YOU, SIR HANK!

I'm closing in on my first, Hank, so you've definitely got seniority.

Hopefully, years from now, this will just be a chat site, and we'll say things like, "Remember when valve replacement was such a big deal, and people were so worried about it? Back then, who'd have believed it would become a one-hour outpatient clinic procedure?"

...or something like that.

Until then, we're all glad we found you.

Best annivalversary wishes,

No rookie here ;) Think I beat you out by a few weeks my friend. :D

Congratulations on your 6th year! Here is to many more just like it! Looking forward to Vegas!

CONGRATULATIONS HANK ON YOUR SIX ANNIVERSARY!

Yes, I'm one of those ROOKIES :) who has been very grateful for the site you created. Many Thanks from us to you! Congratulations! We'll see you in about 6 months in Vegas!

Congratulations Hank! Wishing many many more healthy happy years.

Congratulations on the six years Hank and a belated congratulation on your anniversary. Thanks for a wonderful site!

Congrats on another anniversary, Hank, from a slight veteran (7 1/2 years). BTW, you're just full of anniversaries this week, aren't you? :D :D

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Congratulations Hankypoo on your six year anniversary!

I still remember when you 'found' me on webmd and invited me to join the e-mail list you were compiling...that was in November of 1999 (a month after my surgery) and my how primitive it seems now compared to this website.

Hey, here's to another sixty years to my good buddy Hank! :D

Happy 6th Anniversary, Hank!

It is wonderful that we are all able to share our experiences/thoughts/feelings online like this. And, even better that we meet every year (sometimes more) to have fun in person :).

Just a few short years ago...online clubs hadn't even been thought of. I keep thinking of all those that have gone before that have not had this type of support system at their fingertips....

And, of course, Happy Belated Wedding Anniversary, too!

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 31swm/pig valve/pacemaker
'72,6,9/'81,7.hobbies.chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
MC Guide = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html
What's it like to buy your favorite car brand new? Wish I knew...

Awesome!

Awesome!

Hank. Congratulations! Thanks for being thoughtful enough to start so many of us on a better journey than we would have made alone.

Enjoy! :D Marguerite

Not even 2 weeks out

Not even 2 weeks out

Some friends just left after coming over for a visit. The ultimate compliment I can send your way is.....While they were here I showed them the website and told them how much it had helped me through this thing. In the beginning I didn't even know what questions to ask. As things proceded and my understanding increased, I was able to shoot questions to the folks at VR, and within a few hours and a few answers my head was cleared again. I can never express my gratitude for VR. Thanks!!!!! Blessings, charlie b ps. 6 years sounds good to me-----

Happy Sixth My Dear Friend

Happy Sixth My Dear Friend

This August will be five for me.

I remember clearly, you asking me to join your e-mail list in June of 2000. I did, and have enjoyed every minute of this new family I became a part of.....God Bless to you and Michelle & of course your entire family.

May the Lord Bless you in every way.

THANK YOUR FOR THIS SITE !!

Respectfully,

Ben Smith

click, click, click, click, click...

click, click, click, click, click...

Hey I'm a year younger than you!! :p I'd forgot our surgery dates were so close to the same. Mine was 4-6-2000 Isn't it funny how you just can't help but refect on the whole deal and life in general on that day.

I'm so happy you had the know how and desire to create this beautiful site. You should be very proud. You've helped a lot of people... and we love ya! :) Warm hugs to Michelle and the kids.

Hank: I thank you -- my wife thanks you -- we all thank you for this wonderful site. I'm not even a year out, yet, but I've gotten a lifetime of information and inspiration from this site. Congratulations and many more years of helping people.

Randy

Latest posts

Back