Sitting at cardiologist

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jax

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Well I am sitting in the waiting room at my cardiologist. It is my first visit with this cardio as the one I saw at cleveland clinic moved back to ireland. Needless to say I didn't sleep very well last night. I am positive it was nerves.
The hubby the last week or so has been saying that he doesn't know what's wrong because he is sleeping a lot. So I took his blood pressure yesterday and it was pretty high. I told him he was going to the doctor to get it checked but he just kept joking around about it like there was nothing wrong with his numbers. Meanwhile it was 162/98 heart rate of 97 and he was sitting doing nothing. Because he kept joking about it I told him I wasn't going to talk to him because he was making me mad. But also told him if he doesn't make an appointment then I will because it has to be looked at. Anyway all this happened yesterday so when I get home if he hasn't made an appointment then I am.

Years ago a person I worked with husband would not go to a doctor. What she did was had the phone book open to funeral homes sitting on the kitchen counter when he came home from work. She told him that she was planning his funeral. He than did go to the doctor.

At one time my top blood pressure number was alway 140 to 160 at rest. I had chest pains and was alway tired. I went on blood pressure medicine and then I didn't need to come home for lunch and take a nap and the chest pains went away.

Well the cardio put me on extended release metoprolol as he thinks I might be having bouts of a-fib. Since I have been getting some rapid heartbeats lately for a few minutes at a time. Hopefully that helps. I also go for an echo next tuesday I haven't had one since my surgery in may. I will definitely be asking for a copy of my results after I have that done.
I took the hubbys blood pressure when I got home and it was 160/101. But ofcourse he shrugged it off again so I told him ideal blood pressure was 130/80 or less and tht border line was 140/90 and anything above was high. I am hoping that will bring him to his senses as I asked if he made an appointment when I was on the way home if he called the doctor and he said he wanted to watch it for a while before going. He gets a lot of muscle spasms but to my knowledge has not had any chest pains yet. I will be dragging him to the doctor if he will not go.

If your hubby continues to procrastinate on his own, make the appointment. Most men won't take those initial steps, but once they're confronted with a date and time will attend.

While you're booking him for a look-see about his bp numbers, ask the receptionist to fax a requisition to the lab for an ECG, blood sera and cholesterol check as well as a fasting blood sugar. Get it all done a week before the appointment and the doc should have the results when the reluctant patient finally "bends over and coughs".

Take Heart,
Pamela.

Well I am sitting in the waiting room at my cardiologist. It is my first visit with this cardio as the one I saw at cleveland clinic moved back to ireland.

Your previous cardiologist wasn't Brian Griffin, by any chance? He's from Ireland and he was my cardiologist when undergoing surgery at CC. He was a great guy and I'll be sorry to hear that he left.

I also got a kick out of him having the same name as the beloved Family Guy character.

Latest posts

Back