Since we're posting Milestones ...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccummins

I am 7 weeks post op today! I have started jogging! Not fast (5.5 mph) or for long (1 minute at a time) but I managed over a mile jogging out of a total 2.5 miles. Still managing at least 7 miles a day total. I am going to start cardiac rehab next week. I know lots of you have suggested that I don't really need it but I am going to give it a shot anyhow. Looking forward to some guidance.

I am still out of work. Taking advantage of the 8 weeks that the docs gave me. I have realized that I could totally retire ... if this darn money thing didn't get in the way!

I am 7 weeks post op today! I have started jogging! Not fast (5.5 mph) or for long (1 minute at a time) but I managed over a mile jogging out of a total 2.5 miles. Still managing at least 7 miles a day total. I am going to start cardiac rehab next week. I know lots of you have suggested that I don't really need it but I am going to give it a shot anyhow. Looking forward to some guidance.

I am still out of work. Taking advantage of the 8 weeks that the docs gave me. I have realized that I could totally retire ... if this darn money thing didn't get in the way!

That is amazing you are jogging that far, that is great! I started cardiac rehab a couple weeks ago, and that is helping and the good thing is they monitor you. I don't think I can jog yet though.
I am still out of work also, and like you I could certainly retire if that money thing was not a factor!

Cheryl,

You realize that you have raised my expectations how well my surgery is going to go. It is amazing how well you have done. Very inspiring.

Kris

Kris and Matt,

Thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to hear from both of you at the same stages I am at. I bet you'll be ahead of me. If not ... that's ok too.

This site is so amazing that we were able to find each other for support. For those of you that don't know, we have are all fairly young and have or are having surgery at Northwestern in Chicago with the same surgeon. Only at VR!!
Best wishes in recovery to all!

Oh wow, way to go! It has been a couple of years since I was running regularly, but I can't wait to start it up again. And word, we need to start a Dr. Malaisrie fan club. :)

Very impressive, Cheryl. How much running did you do before your surgery? You sound like you were already in pretty good shape, and getting back to where you were very quickly. Keep it up! Is the reason for limiting your jogging to 1 minute at a time based on the 100bpm limit you mentioned before?

Latest posts

Back