Sign from Above Thanksgiving

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryj

My son who died in the boating accident in September loved the Holidays more than anything. He always had a real tree and lots of decorations. We have had an artificial tree since our kids all moved out. We had the whole family at our house for the whole week of Thanksgiiving. My five granddaughters said we needed to get a real tree to honor Tracy this year and they would all help decorate. We bought the tree and pulled out all the ornaments. We cried and reminisced about Tracy and how much we all miss and love him. He was a huge nascar fan and loved Dale Earnhardt and Dale Jr. so we put these ornaments on the tree and then my grandaughter asked if we could put her favorite driver,Tony Stewarts ornament on the tree. Tracy did not like Tony Stewart so we put it towards the back of the tree. We took lots of pictures and dedicated the tree to Tracy. We were all sitting down when all of a sudden the tree gently fell down like someone had lightly pushed it. My husband picked up the tree and although ornaments had fallen off none were broken and they were all laying under the tree. We put them all back up and then my grandaughter realized the Tony Stewart ornament was missing. We found it under the couch across the room. We got the message and Tony Stewart did not go back on the tree. I believe in signs and I feel a peace now knowing Tracy is near and watching over us.

I believe in things like that too. So your dear son will be there with you all as you celebrate all of the holidays, may you have many more fun signs like that !

Great story. Amazing how things like that happen... and may peace continue to be with you and your family.

Yes, Sue I too believe in those small signs that our loved ones leave us. Tracy was certainly expressing his thoughts. Oh well he isn't the only one who doesn't like Tony Stewart. Tracy may be spending his first Christmas with Jesus but he also wants to say that he is still watching you all. Hold those memories tight.

My daughter-in-law and granddaughters have had several signs from Tracy but that is the first one I really felt was him. That is what keeps me going and will get me through this holiday season. The minister at his service asked his children for some fond memories of their dad and they all had Christmas stories. He was a big kid with a big heart.

Comforting signs

Comforting signs

Sue, I am so, so sorry for your and your family's loss but what a wonderful story. I hope you continue to get many comforting signs that Tracy is with you.

Right after my mom died (15 years ago) we got several signs and they were a little spooky but very comforting. My mom was in the hospital for almost 7 months before she passed away. For the last few months she was completely unresponsive but my dad would sit by her side every day from morning until night. On the night that she died my dad left the hospital before she passed away and on the way home, just as he pulled into his driveway, one of his headlights went out. It turned out that that was the exact moment that my mom passed away! The next sign was on the day of her funeral. My husband was looking through Goldmine, a thick music newspaper with hundreds of ads from dealers of albums and cds and in each of these ads are lists of thousands of titles of albums and singles that they have for sale (the print is minuscule). He was only glancing through it for a few minutes while waiting for me to get ready and out of all of the thousands of listings his eye was drawn to two titles of songs by the band Mott the Hoople that were listed one directly above the other (and these two songs do not appear in that order on any of their albums). The songs, in order, were "Rose" and "Rest in Peace". I do not have to tell you that my mom's name was Rose. I think there was another song title following those two that was also quite fitting for the day but I don't remember it. The fact that those two (or three) songs were there in that order and that my husband found them out of all the thousands of listings was definitely a sign from my mom. I wished that I had saved that ad but I didn't. Never got any signs like that again but I do get little signs that she is still looking over me and my girls.
Nadine

Nadine thank you for your story. When we were looking for songs to play at my sons funeral his daughters asked that we walk into the chapel to the song, I'll be missing you, by Puff Daddy. If you don't know it its sort of a rap song and sounds a little inappropriate for a funeral. But I had several of my friends come up to me later and say that we could not have picked a better song for Tracy. He would not want us to be sad and even though we are hurting we know he is with us.

Sue, I wasn't sure what the song was so I just went to YouTube to listen to it. Actually, several people commented that it was played at their loved one's funeral. Wishing you peace and comfort this holiday season.

Nadine

My son who died in the boating accident in September loved the Holidays more than anything. He always had a real tree and lots of decorations. We have had an artificial tree since our kids all moved out. We had the whole family at our house for the whole week of Thanksgiiving. My five granddaughters said we needed to get a real tree to honor Tracy this year and they would all help decorate. We bought the tree and pulled out all the ornaments. We cried and reminisced about Tracy and how much we all miss and love him. He was a huge nascar fan and loved Dale Earnhardt and Dale Jr. so we put these ornaments on the tree and then my grandaughter asked if we could put her favorite driver,Tony Stewarts ornament on the tree. Tracy did not like Tony Stewart so we put it towards the back of the tree. We took lots of pictures and dedicated the tree to Tracy. We were all sitting down when all of a sudden the tree gently fell down like someone had lightly pushed it. My husband picked up the tree and although ornaments had fallen off none were broken and they were all laying under the tree. We put them all back up and then my grandaughter realized the Tony Stewart ornament was missing. We found it under the couch across the room. We got the message and Tony Stewart did not go back on the tree. I believe in signs and I feel a peace now knowing Tracy is near and watching over us.

that brings tears - I believe, too. How glad you all must've been to know he had joined the festivities and given you a little levity to keep you going. Blessins......

I am so sorry for your loss -- please pass it on to your family. Thank you for sharing such a humorous story about your son and "signs". I believe in signs and know they can help you feel connected to the person who is gone. The holidays are a difficult time when you've lost someone and I wish you and your family all the best. It sounds like your family is close and I hope that comforts you all,
Dale

Sue ~ with the holidays coming this poem speaks to you and your family.

My First Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees,
Around the world below,
With tiny lights like Heaven's stars
Reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so spectacular,
Please wipe away that tear,
For I am spending Christmas
With Jesus Christ this year!

I hear the many Christmas songs
That people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare
With Heaven's Choir up here.

I have no words to tell you
The joy their voices bring,
For it's far beyond description
Just to hear the angels sing!

I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart,
But I'm not so very far away;
We're really not apart.

So be happy for me, Dear Ones,
You know I hold you dear
And be glad I'm spending Christmas

I send you each a special gift
From my Heavenly home above.
I send you each a memory
Of my undying love!

After all, Love is The Gift
More precious than pure gold.
It was always most important
In the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other,
As my Father said to do,
For I can't count the blessings
Or the love He has for you!

So have a Merry Christmas,
And wipe away that tear,
Remember ...
I am spending Christmas

Nadine thank you for your story. When we were looking for songs to play at my sons funeral his daughters asked that we walk into the chapel to the song, I'll be missing you, by Puff Daddy. If you don't know it its sort of a rap song and sounds a little inappropriate for a funeral. But I had several of my friends come up to me later and say that we could not have picked a better song for Tracy. He would not want us to be sad and even though we are hurting we know he is with us.

I think that song is perfect. I cried the first few times I saw the video and I wasn't a huge Biggie fan.

Thank you Janie. I printed it out and will put it in with some of my Christmas cards to close family. We are a very close family and spend holidays and vacations together whenever possible. Tracy was always the one ready to have fun and the video the funeral home put together reflected that. All the pictures I gathered up from over the years showed him smiling and full of life. He was at the lake enjoying his family when the accident happened and he died instantly. I know this is a Heart Replacement forum but you all feel like a part of my family. Thanks for letting me share my feelings with you all.

Latest posts

Back