Showed off my OHS scar!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The incision did heal very nicely. (Wish Cathy had taken a real close-up so you'd be able to "appreciate" it.)

Took some time for the incision to smooth over. There was some thickening toward the bottom for awhile, don't remember how long. That has broken down, no longer looks bad.

But you aren't going to see me wearing a dress showing the full extent of my incision!

Your skin's pigmentation will affect how your incision will look/heal. A co-worker, a black woman, had CABG about 2 years ago. Her skin is fairly dark and her incision is very light. She doesn't give a rat's patootie what others think.

I don't see any scar - I hope that in time mine looks that good. It is still red and lumpy and sometimes tender.
If that was the bargain dress, it looks fab!

Thank you! The dress is wonderful....I love that plum color of purple. Very flattering style on you as well. And definitely gutsy of you to "take the plunge" and let yourself be comfortable with your scar. I must say, it honestly doesn't show up in the photo. But I know that it shows up inside you and when you face the mirror and when you go into a room full of eyes, wondering whether they will dance over your cleavage a little longer than they might normally. Good girl!!! You did us proud!

My scar is 2+ years out and still very tender and red and lumpy and shiny. It was very short....4 inches..... so I was initially quite thrilled with the cut. And it is low (and I am fairly tall) so I wasn't at all concerned. But then it seemed like all the styles took a dive into the cleavage, and my scar started bubbling out and getting quite confused with its healing.

My latest attempt at calming it down is to use accupuncture to help it heal correctly. The needles stimulate the blood flow to assist in proper healing. I think it is working as the top is shrinking. I want to go in for more sessions, but it is pretty spendy. We'll see.

I once answered the doorbell with just a cami and jeans on (my around the house norm....usually throw on a shirt when/if the doorbell rings) and it was a little girl scout with her mom (selling cookies last February). She couldn't keep her eyes off my scar! It's that kind of thing... making people uncomfortable.... that I try to avoid.

But it's still hard for me to dress up and uncover it with a daring neckline. I appreciate your stepping out, Marsha!!! I have 2 events this month and one of them I think I just might unveil things!! ;):D

Thanks for sharing!

Marguerite

Scars, what scars?!?!

Scars, what scars?!?!

Great picture Marsha...but what happened to your blonde hair?!?!:eek::D

And here are two great gals also showing off theirs -- with Ms Aortic on the left and Ms Mitral on the right. Nope, we don't know how to hide those thingys...so, rock on Marguerite..!

Marsha, that's a beautiful picture and I can't see your scar either. :) I dared to bare this week at work and did not get any 'looks'. I bought a very nice blouse at "WALMART" for $10 and it had a cow neck type scoop. I could see my scar but no one looked twice. At 8 months post op, it's healed very nicely, almost invisible. I do have keloids down lower in the middle but no one sees this except my husband. :eek:

ShezaGirlie, can't see the scars either, those are very nice looking bathing suits too!:D

You ladies all look wonderful. THANK you for posting the photos.
I don't hide my scar....didn't from the first surgery and don't intend to now that it's been reopened. It does seem all the necklines are much lower cut this season. We're going on our 'make up' cruise soon. We had to cancel one we had booked for April as it was too soon after my surgery and I plan on wearing my low cut gowns and my usual swimsuits. I'll be careful about keeping sunscreen on it.

That scar saved my life......twice.
If anyone asks, I'll answer. :)

Latest posts

Back