Should I stay or should I go?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stayed for four days, I got lucky and the airline upgraded me to first class so the flight back was fine, I just slept through it. We went over to Michigan to visit some of my husband's friends from highschool. Everything went fine. I didn't have any problems until I came home and I have a great cardiologist in town that helped me through my hurdles. I don't regret going to Cleveland for a minute even though since I was air lifted up there on a jet because I needed my surgery sooner than planned and have to file for bankruptcy since my insurance didn't cover that $89,000 flight!!! yeah, that's a lot. But I like I said I have no regrets, it was worth it.

Thanks Michelle! Soooo glad to hear that u had a positive experience too! How long did you stay in town after the surgery? We're taking a train out there and visiting family along the way a few days before the surgery. The plan right now is to stay in town until I'm ready to head home. Then I am planning to take the train back home too.

How long is the train ride? Did you look into what they do if there is a medical emergency and you need to get to a ER ASAP? Are there any spots along the trip youd be very far from hospitals etc? My experience is many of the people who run into complications bad enough to be readmitted happen the firs few days/week home.

How long is the train ride? Did you look into what they do if there is a medical emergency and you need to get to a ER ASAP? Are there any spots along the trip youd be very far from hospitals etc? My experience is many of the people who run into complications bad enough to be readmitted happen the firs few days/week home.

The train ride is overnight, 18 hours. I am planning to discuss my itinerary with my doc to get his blessing. I don't plan on leaving town until I feel up for travel. If my plan gets shot down, my backup plan will be to fly home. I definitely don't want to place myself in a situation that can jeopardize my recovery. We will have our own room and I will be able to get up and walk around whenever necessary. I appreciate your consideration on the matter. It really helps to have folks like yourself offer up their insight. Thanks Lyn.

Tom

Latest posts

Back