Should I be Concerned?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I went to lab yesterday for my weekly vein draw.

My arm doesn't look this bad, mine is more like the size of a 2cm bright red earth worm, but how and what would cause this? Should I be concerned? This has never happened to me before.

a+blood+draw+two.jpg

Just watch it Freddie. Sometimes they miss a bit and the vein "leaks". As long as it's not spreading quickly, you'll probably be ok.

Freddie,
Sometimes when they are not real good, they can right thru the vein and pierce the opposite side as well. This usually causes what you have. If it spreads it is not life threatening but can become very painful. It does happen every so often.
Rich

Freddie,
Last year I had a terrible blood draw and my arm had a bruise all over the bend in my elbow, probably 3-4 inches in diameter and a beautiful set of shades from dark purple to yellow and green. It was summer and we were driving down to the States in our convertible. Once the border guard had asked all the usual questions he asked my wife if I was a heroin addict! All because of the bruising and a short sleeved shirt!!
My bruise didn't hurt but it took its own sweet time to go away. If concerned, see your doctor.
Cameron

I would not be overly concerned. This used to happen to me from time to time. This is why "finger sticks" are so great. My biggest problem was the appearance of the bruise and how others reacted to it. I once had a boss (in the late 1960s) think I was "shooting dope". That taught me to wear long sleeves until bruise went away, usually in a few days.

I've had a few that may have been close to that bad. My last lab blood draw was bad, and they messed up in both arms. I had dark knots for days and my inner elbows were sore for even a long time afterward.

Sorry! I wish the techs did a better job. Any chance you can home test?

Latest posts

Back