Seven years ago today this group got me to the top of the mountain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, Nancy, I know I did not mention you in my first post. But, you were THE most knowledgeable lady on this forum. Seeing the many ups and downs you suffered with such solid strength and bravery gave me much hope. As well as, making me ashamed to be such a wimp, but fear and lack of knowledge is such a debilitating force. While I was posting to Bonnie's memorial I saw where you had lost Joe after all the battles-I am sorry and know it must still be painful.
Thanks for all you have contributed here for so long.

Bill

mornin, Bill. I see you are catching up on everybody. Lots of things happen.

Ross is now a grandpa twice over.

You are a ray of sunshine and like a happy injection in VR.

I couldn't get my server to download your tribute to the bride/groom, but am headed to Atlanta Friday and there will be CABLE net and by golly I will see it by Saturday. It begins in fits and starts so I finally gave it up.

Have a happy day.

Yes, Ann, I have been stopped in my tracks several times trying to get back in here. Ross made it happen. sorry I lost all my history and all the great emails from you and Bonnie(and others, of course). That was due to computer problems and the mail server dumping all my stored stuff. One of the problems of using a web based email.

That YouTube video was the result of some last minute need to "make some remarks" at my son's request. I got the idea after Connie and I had words that morning-and as one of the members here has in his signature ""I didn't get to use any of MINE""

It is fun, and it was a joyful occasion with family and friends from all over converging on Dunn, NC for good times. Joe, my youngest son the closest thing to a clone of me there could ever be. He does have a better personality but otherwise looks just like I did at that age. He had graduated college and been commissioned a Second Lieutenant in the Army the day previous-he was enlisted army since January 1999 got a scholarship to finish college and was then commissioned. He had to come home from Korea for my surgery in 2002 and now is in Afghanistan.. Please keep him in your prayers.

His proposal to Tracy(now his wife) is on YouTube and very popular. I will see if I can post a link to that.

[ link ]

Let's see if that works

Afghanistan! He will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers. It is really hard to have a child so far away from us - my son is in Sarasota and that's too far - but when they are as far as your son in such dangerous territory, it is hard to take. I wish him well.

been rainin all week here off and on. my dog, Miss Sally Sue, won't go out unless she's coaxed with a treat being thrown ahead of her every 3 or so feet! You sent that rain to us - just glad it's not a storm, tho.

how are you feeling these days now that 7 yrs have passed? in good health and moved on?

Well, it does me too. I did not do the video, he actually made the video to send to his mom and I to tell us he had "popped the question" and it worked!

I am the one who put it on YouTube, it has been fun. Some of the videos from their wedding are on that same YouTube with my talk and some fun dance shots.

Last edited:
Hi Bill, Congrats on your 7yr anniversary. I had my 7yr in April and have just recently started lurking again (hello everyone) and I feel like we're in the same graduating class together. Glad to hear you're doing well, wishing you many more happy and healthy anniversaries.

Bill, I missed this one. it is so sweet. I am getting round to Face Book. have trouble maneuvering in it but working at it.

I must have been travelin when this one came thru. am at First daughter's in Atlanta - where it has RAINED AND RAINED AND.......still rainin. there was a huge flood the day after I got here (not where we are,tho but not far) so we were more or less glued to TV.

Bill - It is just amazingly good to hear from you again. I remember that you were one of the ones just finishing surgery when I first joined. Now you're doing so well. . . and you're another role model for those of us still in The Waiting Room.

Good to see you're doing so well!

Hi Bill

WELCOME BACK!! I'm Evelyn. My hubby had AVR 7 years ago this past June, and there's no question that if it hadn't been for this site, we never would have gotten through it.......or at least I wouldn't have , that's for sure.

Hope you have many more anniversaries, and I do remember you.

Again, Welcome back.

Evelyn

Hi Bill

Congrats on your 7yr anniversary. Hope you have many more anniversaries,

srinivas Heart History:
13/6/2008 2D Echo Diagnosed Ascending Aortic Dissection ,Bicuspid aortic valve, Moderate AR at the age of 38(2008)
9/6/08 CT scan shows Aneurysmal dilation of aortic root and ascending aorta with dissection extending upto brachio cephalic trunk and mild aneurysm
16/07/08 Operative findings & repair. Aortic aneurysm approx size 10 cms diameter.Aneurysm extd upto 1c m from innomiate artery. Mod. Bental DC Bono surgery procedure done to repair my anueuysm with#25 mm St.Jude medical valved conduit(SN 84094003.REF25CAVGJ-51400 AOROTIC VALVED GRAFT) At CARE Hospital Bangara Hills,Hyderabad,India. Surgeon: Dr K.s. Neelakandan gave me re birth! Dr . Sridar,Dr.Amreesh, Dr.Jagannatham completed the formalities.

Nice to see so many familiar "faces and names" I wish I had never been dropped from this group. Guess my visits were not "logged in" for a long time at any rate. Great to have such a warm welcome back.

And, Ann, I am not sure what you are referring to in the post just 4 or so back(the video of my son's proposal?). I had sent you a PM. A couple of weeks back, is that what you are referring to?

And, OH Nicole, I remember you so well from back then. I know Annie always called you "young'un" and I guess you really were. Still are, but glad so many of us are "getting older." Coming here is bittersweet. I miss so many but Bonnie and Chris are at the top of my list.

Steve and Evelyn, I certainly remember you from back then. Nice to see you still here. What a "class reunion"

Still don't get here as often as I would like. Life keeps getting in the way. But, glad to be alive.

Bye for now,

Bill

OMG, it has been seven more years since I started this thread and then disappeared again. Time flies, general catch up. My wife of 52 years was having issues in 2009 just when I came back to VR and this wonderful group. after almost two years she was FINALLY diagnosed with Parkinson's and some side effects of that have taken their toll. then in 2013 I had a near death experience with a tumor that invaded my airway, and they could not diagnose what it was. It looked like thyroid cancer but it took them 5 weeks to get a diagnosis. This turned out to be Lymphoma which was very treatable and after chemo and radiation, I have been in remission for three years. It was like I hit the lottery, because that turmor if had to be treated surgerically would likely have been fatal.

Now it turns out with all these docs looking at me and having echocardiograms and PET scans, no one mentioned that my ascending aorta was 5 cm and I didn't know what that might mean either, since the cancer was preeminent in MY mind too. I have had a persistent little cough that they attribute to the damage by radiation of my thyroid area. I just had another echo because of some mild breathing issues and seeing a new cardiologist. Anyway, as more info about the aorta becomes known to me, I will be seeking advice from this group, I know.

Til then, thankis for still being here and several familiar names are in the posts.

All the best and happy holidays to all

Bill

Latest posts

Back