Seven months checkup

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karla

Just got back from my 7 months checkup and am happy to report things are great. I feel better than I have in several years and am so grateful for the second chance. I still am not used to waking up with energy and start most days with a smile :D. I honestly did not know how bad I felt until I started feeling good again. I really thought the overwhelming fatigue I felt was due to getting older and being out of shape. And the more I tried to exercise the worse the fatigue was so it was like a great big circle. I feel like my life has been given back to me again.
For those of you in the waiting room, I hope your course is as bump free as mine has been. Most people do very, very well these days.
I owe a huge thanks to those of you who have shared their wisdom. I learned so much from you all and feel like I have found another family. Thanks to you all! Isn't life great?! :cool:

Karla, that is great news. I am so glad to hear of your increased energy and beautiful attitude! How long before you felt this new energy? I am only 5 weeks out from AVR and still pretty sore. I have been able to feel a little relief from the exhaustion that came with every movement, but... can't say it has been a complete turn around for me yet. I agree that we learn to compensate through the years, to the point that we forget what normalcy really is. Hopefully as time progresses, I will continue to feel better and stronger.
I was sitting here this afternoon, discussing the bills that might start coming. My dear hubby shook my mind back to reality with just a few words; " Isn't it great to be alive?" God is good.

Karla, that is great news. I am so glad to hear of your increased energy and beautiful attitude! How long before you felt this new energy? I am only 5 weeks out from AVR and still pretty sore. I have been able to feel a little relief from the exhaustion that came with every movement, but... can't say it has been a complete turn around for me yet. I agree that we learn to compensate through the years, to the point that we forget what normalcy really is. Hopefully as time progresses, I will continue to feel better and stronger.
I was sitting here this afternoon, discussing the bills that might start coming. My dear hubby shook my mind back to reality with just a few words; " Isn't it great to be alive?" God is good.

It didn't happen all at once. In fact I didn't start to notice much improvement until I was 5 or 6 weeks out and I was starting to wonder if things would improve or not. It has been slow but steady since then. I am still improving in some areas...it just hit me last week that I now have energy in the evenings and don't have to force myself to be busy anymore. Be patient. We all recover at different rates. Best wishes!

Ahaa, you give me much needed hope, my dear. Thank you greatly. I was beginning to think I was going to be the exception to the rule. LOL These good reports help us all I'm sure, but most especially us newbies just out from OHS.

Oh the joys of having some serious symptoms before the HVR! It took me about a year post-op to feel better than I did pre-op -- mostly because I felt so good pre-op.

WOW!!! I know how you feel, my symptoms were the same. And having more energy is always a good thing. Please keep us posted, it's always encouraging to hear positive updates.

Latest posts

Back