Security flaws in pacemakers and defibrillators

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting this. I suppose people with pacemakers need to wear a radio-singal-proof clothing, or wrap up in foil if they fear getting their equipment hacked. I wonder if there are any other solutions other than getting them replaced?

I'm not sure that all pacemakers are remotely addressable. Mine, for example, needs to have an induction coil placed over it for the EP tech to be able to read it. The coil needs to be resting on my skin above the device. Doesn't sound like access from 30 feet away to me.

Gees I got the hat now to find a suit
tin-foil-hat-3.jpg

Attachments

• tin-foil-hat-3.jpg
    tin-foil-hat-3.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 69
I'm not sure that all pacemakers are remotely addressable. Mine, for example, needs to have an induction coil placed over it for the EP tech to be able to read it. The coil needs to be resting on my skin above the device. Doesn't sound like access from 30 feet away to me.

I'm hoping you are right on this one, Steve. Geez ... it's scary to think that someone could remotely access my pacemaker ... and wreak all sorts of havoc for me. Like yours, though, in order for the EP tech to even read mine, the device has to be put over it ... on my chest.

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics
CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Be careful what you wish for 'cause you just might get it all" __ Chris Daughtry __ 'Home'

Latest posts

Back