Second Opinion and Tests

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJC62

Hi again, I have so many questions here but wanted to know about a second opinion and testing. My boyfriend is in NC and met with a surgeon on Monday. I asked how the appointment went and he said it went good. He said that they have to run the same tests as he had up in the MA area. He is still complaining of feeling lousy day-to-day and the surgeon he saw is going to do blood work and then a stress test but not until the 23rd and 29th of this month. I thought this was pretty far away to have these tests done especially since he hasn't been feeling well since December. They said they want to make sure he is on the best meds possible and not in any immediate danger. I don't understand why, if this is the case, they are waiting to run these tests? Unless he told them he couldn't make it to appts. til then because he is really scared.
If anyone has been in a similar situation and can give me any input I would appreciate it!

Sorry to keep asking so many questions.

Thank you!
AJC62

I think maybe since he is not in immediate danger (even though he's feeling crappy) they probably gave him the next available non-emergency appointment. In my experience It's not unusual to have to wait, especially if the appointments are in top hospitals with top doctors.

I'm sure that is why he has to wait for an appointment although the other surgeon he saw told him that he was 100% sure that he had calcification of the valve and would need surgery.

Thank you!
AJC62

I hope you are both right! I just hope he isn't stalling some more!

Thanks!
AJC62

over a year ago I saw a cardiologist who said i needed surgery right away, that without it I would be in serious trouble. said i was in the "perfect window". I was feeling pretty crappy all the time too. Got me a second opinion, it took about 2 weekds to see the next cardiologist. Then he re scheduled the same tests about a month out, all the while I anxiously waited. Finally the day arrived, and you what, still no surgery, still waiting, Some days i feel tired, others i feel great. But I trust the new doctor. I am on an annual re test schedule to monitor. I will eventually need the surgery, but not until it is totally necessary. Sometimes our own anxiety can make the symptoms worse, I know stress can, but sooner or later you just got to trust your docs, and if you don't, maybe yopu need to find one you can trust. Anyway, good luck, the technology out there these days is quite amazing. I do not worry hardly ever anymore. Now I spend my time enjoying life, and trying to help those I can. Good Luck and God Bless!!

Hi,

He saw a cardiologist and one surgeon who told him that he was 100% sure he had calcification of the valve and he had seen two cardiologists where one said he had severe vitral valve prolapse and the other said he had acute MVP. He said he feels lousy day to day so I guess it all depends and he is moving at a snail's pace. So, I'm hoping that he will be ok until he gets his tests done. He is on his second type of meds and they are still not agreeing with him. THe new surgeon he just saw said they will run the same tests and they can't rule out surgery- it depends on what they find out. I just think that he has been feeling lousy since beginning of December and am hoping that they can do something for him soon.

Thank you!
AJC62

Latest posts

Back