Scar Treatment

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne6

I know I have read other threads about scars and their treatment. Mine still bother me on damp or cold days...or warm, or dry days. Pretty much all days.
I had minimally invasive with the incision to access the heart under the right breast. Well, it healded with "hypertrophic scar tissue". Meaning it was not thin and pretty like many people have. My scars generally thicken up and are nasty-not keloid exactly. Anyway, I finally went to my dermatologist. She prescribed Cordran tape. This is clear tape impregnanted with high dose steroids. You apply it 2xday for a month. It helped a lot but when I saw her Thurs she decided I needed injections in the scar. (don't forget where this scar is) The nurse who had to do the treatment was more worried than I was The doc had her add Lidocaine to Kenalog. Did not really feel the needles. I think she injected about 5 sites. Yesterday, however, I was so sore. Better today. I will let you know if it helps. I remember some of you had questions about scar therapy. If it works, I would recommend it.

Please keep us posted. It will be interesting to see how treatment works for a scar already healed.

My sister lives in New Zealand..and she sent me information on a product that all the docs there recommend.
Smith & Nephew.. "Cica-Care"
I googled it..and it is pricey..
My sister has a dear friend who used it after her OHS a year ago and she has virturally no scar?
I would like to try it..but can't afford it at the moment..
My guess is it isn't broadly used in U.S.A...

any others try this?

Joanne.. I would be curious to know how this course of treatment works for you.

wanted to add. I have never seen or heard of this in the states?
would love to know if anyone has tried it.

Latest posts

Back