Scar pain grrrrr

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acr

Okay folks, need some vr.org counsel. I have a nice keloid or hypertrophic scar. And I get lotsa pinching type pain from it, which is quite alarming as chest pain equals "run to ER" in my book. I'm 99% certain its scar pain. Anyone else have this? And anyone got any magic cream to stop it? Cheers. Ade

My HUGE annoyance is from the wires under the skin. It really is no bonus to be thin and have this poking and pinching stuff, but it is only sometimes when I turn or have a zipper or button on the scar. Hopefully you are not having a more serious pain, best get it checked out then.

The lower part of my incision has a keloid looking bump and the skin around it is still very red. It stung, had a burning sensation and was painful to touch. I saw a dermatologist who prescribed a siicone patch (mepiform??). It basically looks like a bandaid that I 'cut to size' and I am supposed to wear everyday for the next 6 months. If you search under "keloid" I know of other members who had steroid injections etc. and other treatments to help with the situation.
Good luck!
P.S'When in doubt, check it out' with the doc.

Latest posts

Back