Salad for dinner -- effect on INR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INRtest

Since I don't home test (yet), I'm going to my local lab in the a.m. for my monthly test. My INR has been very consistant in the past but I wonder if I should wait one more day before testing because I had a salad for dinner (about a cup of Romaine lettuce). Is my INR temporarily going to drop and confuse the testing???

Thank you all, in advance.

"If I were you, I'd reintro myself to the hardcore Vit K things first, like brussel sprouts, brocoli, spinich, etc. That way you can make probably the biggest single adjustment in your dose and perhaps the only adjustment necessary. Foods really do not weigh in very much for INR. You'd have to really really pig on nothing but greens for a bit to cause much of a change." -- ROSS

I think Ross answered my question on another thread. I'll go in tomorrow and see if the salad did, in fact, affect my INR.

INRtest said:
"If I were you, I'd reintro myself to the hardcore Vit K things first, like brussel sprouts, brocoli, spinich, etc. That way you can make probably the biggest single adjustment in your dose and perhaps the only adjustment necessary. Foods really do not weigh in very much for INR. You'd have to really really pig on nothing but greens for a bit to cause much of a change." -- ROSS

I think Ross answered my question on another thread. I'll go in tomorrow and see if the salad did, in fact, affect my INR.
I highly doubt one would do anything, now if you spent all day eating them, yes you'll see something.

Ross said:
I highly doubt one would do anything, now if you spent all day eating them, yes you'll see something.

Ross, I was a little concerned -- thank you for your wise response.

Latest posts

Back