Sadness and Heart Disease

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes,

Yes,

and this brings to mind a recent article in our local paper about a study of hotel maids. It went something like this: The group that were told that their daily cleaning routine was daily exercise and counted as doing 30 mins. a day actually lost a couple pounds and had better energy and attitude than the control group.

Same kind of deal only a positive attitude.

This reminds me of

This reminds me of

Something I read many years ago... about an orphanage, or maybe it was a children's hospital ward. There was a row of cribs with seriously ill infants. Most of the infants eventually died. Each infant that would end up in the furthest crib down, however, survived and grew and thrived. It was perplexing to the staff. All of the infants received the same care but only whichever one was in that end crib did well. The staff wondered and discussed and checked notes and still couldn't figure it out. One night, however, they just watched. As the cleaning lady came through and mopped the floors, as she did every night, she finished and rubbed her sore back and picked up the infant in the furthest crib and sat down and rocked and cuddled and cooed to that one infant. It was enough to make a life or death difference. This is a true story.

Wow -

Wow -

such interesting stories and the story of the sick babies....so touching. The power of the mind and the power of love - we cannot begin to understand but we can change ourselves if we try.

Christina L

Latest posts

Back