Ross Young

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Ann for this poem. I posted on the other forum on your behalf. The poem had me in tears, you are such a wonderful sweet person, I wish I lived closer to you to visit. Blessins.

Thanks Hank for letting us all know...I've been away awhile and am shocked to say the least...Ross was a friend to many on both forums and was quick to welcome me here 12 years ago...Peace Be with You. Rossman...!

Also Ann, a beautiful tribute poem...Thank You

Last edited:
Thank you Ann for this poem. I posted on the other forum on your behalf. The poem had me in tears, you are such a wonderful sweet person, I wish I lived closer to you to visit. Blessins.

I wish you did, too. Would love to meet you. I love this poem. Found it years ago but frgot I have it saved (somewhere). After Ross' death Billy In Ireland (a former member) sent it to me and it is so fitting.

My most profound kudos to the best forum moderator in the business! I wish he could get an Oscar for being so good at what he did.

I was one of the biggest fools to ever visit this forum, or the one before this one, rather, but he suffered me with a wonderful sense of humor that extended and permeated everything he did. I adored him. I got more laughs from his little retorts than I can remember, snorted my coffee lots of times!

So here's a lift of my coffee cup to a grand master of all things forum and computer!

drink cofeee.jpg

I am checking in about once a year, hoping that everyone is doing well and was shocked to see the sad news. I kept hoping that Ross would hang on and beat the odds but it wasn't meant to be. He was so kind and helpful after my husband's valve surgery. He will be missed! Deepest condolences to Ross' family!

Five years ago before my Mitral Valve Replacement I arrived at this forum frightened and confused - Ross was one of the first to respond to me and immediately made me feel reassured. He may be gone but will never be forgotten.

Oh dear, I guess I haven't been on the forum for a while. Sad to see this news... I guess we all expected in one day yet it's still a surprise when it happens. Ross gave me the confidence to stand up and question some of the things the health professionals try to tell us about managing INR. I'm still self-testing, Thanks, Ross.

Condolences to Ross' family and friends.

How sad, I don't check in much these days so missed this. He was a great help when going through AVR (as was everyone else here). God bless his family, sorry for your loss.

I am just seeing this now.. and I am so sorry to hear that Ross is no longer with us.. he let me into this board, and he was funny, direct and most of all helpful. I am grateful to him for letting me into this community that has kept me going for 6 years. I wish I had stayed in touch with the forum more and followed his health. I hope his suffering was not great. Rest in peace. YOu will be in our hearts forever.

I haven't visited for awhile and was very shocked to read this sad news. When I was more active here, Ross was a fixture here that I simply associated with this community. My sincere condolences to his family.

Have not been on the site for a very long time. I am deeply sad on the death of Ross. When I first joined, he helped me overcome so many fears and tears. He was always so kind. May God bless his soul. I am glad that his restraints of this earth are loosened.

Ugh. I was afraid I'd see something like this. Ross was a regular contributor to my threads back in the late 1990's and early 2000's. He was a great fellow. I'm very sorry to hear that he's passed away. Sigh.

Ross was a great help to many of us. I felt sad upon reading the news of his passing away. I recall when I was diagnosed in 2008 and the MDs never seemed to have enough time for my endless questions. I read and learned and when I needed to vent or was afraid or when no one was giving me a direct answer, I posted. Often Ross' advise was the most knowledgeable and sometimes the most comforting. Thank you Ross! Your time spent on this site helped a lot of people deal with difficult moments and difficult decisions. May you rest in peace.
To Ross' family, all the best to you - your Ross was a blessing to so many here. He was wise, patient, and generous with many people in their times of need. God Bless

Back