Rodney Dangerfield to have Valve Replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now how did I know you wouldn't miss that one Ross:D His awesome sense of humor will get him through this! Have you ever heard of such a thing "bypass of the brain"?

I've never heard of Bypass Brain Surgery. Maybe that's what I need to stop this irritating ringing in my ears? Wonder if I'd even survive it?

Mr. Dangerfield

Mr. Dangerfield

Come on guys...he is human you know, and about to undergo the same trama we did.
Medtronic

Ah Medtronic we aren't making fun of him. We are laughing at the humor he is giving out about the whole thing. He really is having a bypass brain surgery, according to that article. Something I've never heard of before.

From his web site:
DANGERFIELD UNDERGOES BRAIN BYPASS SURGERY
LOS ANGELES---Comic legend Rodney Dangerfield has been admitted to UCLA Medical Center for an Extracranial-Intracranial Brain Bypass, a rare surgical procedure where the Superficial Temporal Artery near the ear is inserted into the Middle Cerebral Artery of his brain. Dr. Neil Martin is performing the surgery scheduled for Tuesday morning, April 8. Dangerfield is expected to make a full recovery, with a 7-10 day hospital stay.
The surgery is being undertaken to lessen the risks of heart valve replacement surgery which Rodney also needs a few weeks later.

In obviously good spirits, Rodney quipped, I checked into the hospital because I have a thing for the nurse. It s a little thing, but it s a thing.

After this repair work, I ll be good as new, but right now I know I m in rough shape. I joined a weight-lifting class. They started me with helium balloons!

Brain bypass?

Brain bypass?

I never heard of this type of bypass to make valve surgery safer, I will contact my neurosurgery consultant and try to find out more about it.

Latest posts

Back