Robin Williams

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't imagine he'd be doing a comedy routine in his room right away. More likely, he gave a weak smile and made a sarcastic joke, then passed out from exhaustion or pain! I'm the type that jokes a lot, especially under stress (I'm not that funny though). I can be crying from pain and still making jokes about my situation. I always tell people "if I stop making jokes and start just out-and-out balling, call for a crash cart, because I'm halfway to dead." :p

I can't imagine he'd be doing a comedy routine in his room right away. More likely, he gave a weak smile and made a sarcastic joke, then passed out from exhaustion or pain! I'm the type that jokes a lot, especially under stress (I'm not that funny though). I can be crying from pain and still making jokes about my situation. I always tell people "if I stop making jokes and start just out-and-out balling, call for a crash cart, because I'm halfway to dead." :p

I agree. The media downplays the whole thing so that those that are dumb to such things don't understand the seriousiness of it all.

Sounds like he was in much worse shape than his publicist let on pre-op. No doubt he and his PR person wanted him to some quiet and anonymity before disclosing his surgery. Add to that the fact that he lost a brother during OHS; that could also be why there was a delay between surgery and the announcement he had undergone surgery. This allowed him some time to feel crappy w/out media, fans, whatnot descending on a hospital and him having to try to maintain that comic persona he has.

After all, regardless of a person's celebrity and whether we like/admire them, they're still an individual -- just like the rest of us. Remember: They put their pants on one leg at a time, too, even if they purchase those pants on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills or at Wal-Mart.

I wish Robin the best of health in the future and a successful recovery.

I take back what I said...I was cracking a few jokes as early as last night. Granted, they were lame, and so was my smile, and I didn't laugh, but I was feeling well enough to joke a bit. I feel better today, so I have to remember not to laugh. Not a problem when my medication is wearing off though. LOL

By the way, yes it is actually me. Hubby is getting breakfast and I'm sitting back in a chair.

GREAT to see you post. Glad you are doing so well. Just make sure to hold a pillow when you laugh. Justin always made jokes the first day. it made us ALL feel better he could still make (bad) jokes

The one thing I learned from being in a coma then surgery is that it is hard to sit on the sidelines. I feel that part of the recovery process is going back to what ever it is you do as soon as possibile. I started by working and doing things "part time". after a total six months after two OHS one to replace the arotic valve and one to replace the Mitral valve.

Latest posts

Back