Roasted root vegetables

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catwoman

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
This is another Weight Watchers recipe (from TurnAround Program Cookbook). I have made it without the beets twice for Thanksgiving, but this year I'm going to add the beets.

Makes 6 servings (3/4 cup), 186 cal, 3g fat, 0 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg chol, 327 mg sod, 38g carb, 6 g fib, 4 g prot, 54 mg calcium. 3 points.

1 tbsp olive oil
3/4 lb small red potatoes, scrubbed & quartered
1 large sweet potato, peeled & cut into 3/4-inch chunks
4 carrots, sliced
2 parsnips, peeled and sliced
2 fresh beets, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
2 onions, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
1/2 cup chicken broth (hint: Use reduced sodium to save on sodium count in this recipe)
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp dried thyme, crumbled
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the oil in a large shallow roasting pan or jelly-roll pan. Heat the pan in the oven until the oil is hot, about 2 minutes. Add the red potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, beets and onions.
Combine the broth, tomato paste, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the vegetables, mix well. Bake, stirring a few times, until the vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes. Serve hot or warm.

Great recipe Catwoman,

We eat a lot of roasted veggies, I use a similar combination, although I use turnip instead of parsnips, no big difference. I sometimes will add a few onions and near the end, green beans.
Usually I put them in a bag, coat them with olive oil and a McCormick’s garlic & basil mix. They cook up nicely and last a few days in the fridge.
Family is telling me it's getting a little boring though.

I like the tomato paste and chicken broth and spice combination, which sounds good we will give it a try. Thanks for the recipe.

Rob

I will be buying the ingredients this weekend and cooking them for me and hubby. Sounds like something we will both love. We have vegetable only dinners several nights a week.

Latest posts

Back