Returning member

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikiVix

Hi
It's been quite a while since I was here after my AVR about 4 1/2 years ago. I have a recent issue that I'm concerned about and want to see if anyone else has been through the same. I had a stress echo test last week and the doctor noted an "extra beat" that was "pushing" in his words. I had been experiencing feelings like my heart "rolled over" and pressure at my throat area. Yesterday I had a nuclear cardio stress test that was very scarey and uncomfortable. I don't have results yet but am very nervous.

Hey, there!

Welcome back!!! :cool: I have been "lurking" more than posting lately myself, and I just want to offer you my support. What a scary feeling! I hope you get the answers you are looking for very soon! I can't say that I've experienced the same, but I do have a student who has been feeling some very strange arrhythmia herself; she says it literally hurts. Her parents are taking her to see a cardiologist to find out what's going on. Scary indeed!

Let us know how things turn out!

Best,
Debi

Hey, there!

Welcome back!!! :cool: I have been "lurking" more than posting lately myself, and I just want to offer you my support. What a scary feeling! I hope you get the answers you are looking for very soon! I can't say that I've experienced the same, but I do have a student who has been feeling some very strange arrhythmia herself; she says it literally hurts. Her parents are taking her to see a cardiologist to find out what's going on. Scary indeed!

Let us know how things turn out!

Best,
Debi

Thank you for responding! Yes my heart thing hurts some too. I get little pinchy sticking feelings below my bustline and a slight aching nearer to the center of my chest. It's calmer today but I'm really nervous. I called my cardiologist's office and rescheduled the follow up appointment so I can see him sooner. That will be on June 9th.

I don't have a lot of experience in having arrhythmias other than having A-Flutter for 3 months about this time last year (before my surgery), but my heartbeat was steady...just racing like I was running a marathon 24/7. I have an occasional PVC but even that is rare. I had the A-Flutter corrected with a catheter ablation and it hasn't returned since (knock on wood). You are doing the right thing by getting it checked out. Hopefully it is nothing serious, but even if it is it's better to catch it early.

Hi
It's been quite a while since I was here after my AVR about 4 1/2 years ago. I have a recent issue that I'm concerned about and want to see if anyone else has been through the same. I had a stress echo test last week and the doctor noted an "extra beat" that was "pushing" in his words. I had been experiencing feelings like my heart "rolled over" and pressure at my throat area. Yesterday I had a nuclear cardio stress test that was very scarey and uncomfortable. I don't have results yet but am very nervous.

Do you feel it more in any particular position ? I have the "HEART ROLLED OVER" feeling when I laying and roll on my left side and I just wrote it off to my sternal condition or lack of one

Latest posts

Back