Rented a recliner

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TakeStock

My lift chair/recliner was delivered yesterday in time for me to try it out a bit before I become much more dependent on it after the surgery next week. I went with the following lift chair from Rent-a-Center:

http://www6.rentacenter.com/site/page/pg4313-as95310-ba37-pn_Klaussner_R79703CCMS.html

It?s very comfortable and I?ve been able to take a few naps in it even though I?m not normally able to sleep in a recliner. For those interested, the price in my area is $25/wk, with free delivery. They delivered it straight to the bedroom and will take it away when I?m done with it, which saves me the hassle of finding a relative to do the lifting.

Anyway, just wanted to offer this approach for those considering a recliner for their OHS recovery.

Sounds like a good option. I slept in my recliner for the first 2-3 months. Maybe you will be out of it for sleeping before then. Also, we bought it (my son and wife picked it out) and I continue to enjoy it four years later. However, if you just want it for recovery, renting is a good option.

All best wishes....

I slept in my recliner a lot for the first 2 months. It seemed to help my sore back better than sleeping in my bed. It helps if you have a cat sleep on your lap, but I don't think you can rent that.....
Wishing you all the best in your surgery!

Dale:)

I slept at least 2 months in my recliner, I even manufactured a handle extention prior to going in so that I didn't have to reach for the foot rest handle. I slept in the recliner trying the bed each week. When the bed felt ok I switched, but till then I slept real well in my Lazyboy.

Latest posts

Back