Religion and Faith

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Religion and Faith

• I?ve always had a strong faith and this hasn?t been affected by my condition/surgery.

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • I didn?t have a (strong) faith prior to learning about my condition/surgery, but do now.

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • I have always been atheist/agnostic regardless of my surgery/learning of my condition.

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • I had a strong faith prior to surgery/learning about my condition, but don?t now.

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

ajay_22_86

Just thought it would be interesting to do a poll on here about how people's faith has been affected by their condition/surgery.

I'll start things off by saying I've never really been a person who believes in such things but I do respect people's beliefs. I guess I'm an agnostic (or cynic as my mum says!).

I chose option 1 but I am not sure I would call my faith "strong" since I am not much of a church visitor but I still believe in God.

I don't think regular church attendance is a prerequisite for strong faith (and this is coming from a church music director :)). I know some church attenders who I would say, if they were asked point blank, that they question the existance of God.

I went with 1 also. I had a bad shake up on my last OHS that left me questioning things, but it hasn't reduced my faith.

Im with Ross, always have believed in God. cant understand how someone could not believe in a creator of this wonderful planet. The Bible calls for non believers near the end. Read people! The world God created is perfect. Satan is making it Hellish. I will be glad when God Kicks his but

Last edited:
I was born again 6 years ago and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. My faith got me through my surgery, it would have been a lot harder without my faith. I am studying to become a Pastor and teach Bible study every week (I teach a lot on end times and prophecy). I love telling people of the good news of our savior Jesus Christ, and I realize there are people here who do not believe, but my job as a Christian is to be a disciple, and that is to share the Gospel, it is their choice to believe or not. If I can plant the seed, then someone else can water it!
BTW, my surgery has made my faith even stronger, and it gets stronger day by day, sure I have those days were I lose focus, but my strong faith never ever weakens. My family and I are going through a LOT right now but God will and is showing us through it. He is opening up doors that is quite remarkable!
God Bless,

I was a bit aprehensive about making this thread but I reminded myself everyone's an adult here and pretty nice :p No-one should get upset about anyone else's views (I hope!). This isn't a thread arguing there is a god or not, simply about your own personal experiences of faith. As long as people agree to differ it's all good :)

Wow, some interesting answers here! I feel a bit outnumbered though! :rolleyes:

I'm a devout irreligionist - always have been, can't see that changing. Life taught me very well that the only person I can have faith in is myself, and I'm pretty OK with that. My struggles with my heart and everything else in my life have only served to reinforce this.

A : )

I have to go with one. I have always been a believer, and a Christian. I must admit from time to time throughout my life I have had a bit of a doubt, or maybe rather than doubt, an anger at God? I believe that is part of the HUMAN CONDITION though. For me it is difficult NOT to accept a creator. I can not live my life like that. There's something about it that feels.......well, just wrong to me. I certainly don't sit in judgement though, of other people's beliefs, or non-belief. So in that sense I don't belief my surgery has changed me for the better or for the worse.

I too went with #1. I've had some good and bad in my life, lots of things that don't seem fair (both ways, not just negative). As I've said before, if things were perfect on earth, there wouldn't be any reason for us to yearn for heaven. My belief in God definitely helped me through my surgery and recovery.

I pick 1. I was born again in 1999. Do I question things? Yes, I would not be human if I didnt. For all those who believe in themselves and those who believe that bad things happen to good people so how can there be a God, I just have this to say...God never intended the earth to be filled with all the crap going on right now. HE intended it to be perfect. Eve and Adam screwed it up. Because God gave man free will. It is free will and us who screwed things up..and a guy called Satan and God is taking the rap.

Interesting poll. I pick number 3. Actually, I'm surprised that so many on this forum are atheist/agnostic. I always feel a little left out when people start threads asking for prayers because I'd like to be supportive but I don't pray. Whenever I can I offer support by writing "you're in my thoughts."

Jim
I think writing "You're in my thoughts." is a great way to be supportive!

Interesting poll. I pick number 3. Actually, I'm surprised that so many on this forum are atheist/agnostic. I always feel a little left out when people start threads asking for prayers because I'd like to be supportive but I don't pray. Whenever I can I offer support by writing "you're in my thoughts."

Jim

Jim that is all that matters. Actually, if your thinking of the person, in my book, you are praying for them. ;)

Back