Reliable source for buying Coaguchek XS test strips

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T in YVR

I just started home testing with the Coaguchek XS and see a number of places out there (on the internet) that sell the strips for much less than you may pay from a local pharmacy (they seem to run about $8-$9 per strip at a few places I checked in Vancouver, but are about $5 usd per strip on line).

My only concern is expiry dates. I read a couple reviews in which people were getting boxes of 48 with < 1 year shelf life. Does anyone have a good online source they have bought from in either the US or Canada, where expiry dates for a 48 strip box are consistently 1 year or more from when you buy them? I'd hate to order these and then have to mess around with a return due to a short expiry timeframe.

Thanks,
Tony

I started buying INRatio strips from vendors on Ebay about 1-1/2 years ago with good luck. I buy 24 at a time for about $4US......I am not sure of the Coaguchek pricing or available quantities. The vendors list the expiration dates and I make sure the strips I order will be used before expiring. I also understand, although I haven't had to use it, that Ebay guarantees the accuracy of the vendors listing which is protection against a vendor misstating the expiration date.

I buy online too, but ask to verify the expiry dates. Normally I buy in 24 packs and with weekly testing have never run over the use by date.

I also also do occasional "ad hoc" testing (meaning a test mid week) when my INR sems to be trending up and has reached my 'limit'. If it does not trend back I consideraltering dose by between a half and a whole mg per day for the rest of the week.

HTH

:)

Most eBay vendors will indicate the expiration date of their strips. If not listed, it won't hurt to ask.

The idea of ordering 24 at a time is a pretty good one -- especially if the per strip price for 24 is better than the price for 48 (and this is possible if the expiration date is, say, 30 weeks away). In some cases, regardless of which meter you use, you may occasionally need to use an extra strip because of a failed test or to confirm a 'funny' value.

Latest posts

Back