Released for school!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherylchapa

I want to thank everyone here for the great advice, support, and answers I have received in the last few months as we prepared for Christopher's PVR surgery.

I am proud to annouce that Dr. Weiner has OK'd Chris to return to school when it begins again on August 20th. That's barely 4 weeks post-op. He has a few restrictions as far as physical activity is concerned. He can't do any contact sports, pull ups, push ups, etc. And he has to be allowed to stop activity at any time he feels like he needs to. He gave us a note so that he can take tylenol for pain during school hours.

He had an EKG and echo both of which looked great. Dr. Weiner was able to see very little leakage on the new valve. He could not see anything around the new conduit in the pulmonary artery but he said that's pretty normal. If there had been a problem he would have heard it or seen it in the EKG. He said he may do a cath in 6 months to see for sure but for right now its fine. Overall he was very pleased with Christopher's progress. We go back for another check up in 3 months.

In the meantime, he wants him to get some exercise. He mentioned jogging around the block but we are definitely not joggers so there's no one to go with him. But when I got home from work yesterday, he was in the driveway with the neighbor boy acting out a light saber fight from Star Wars and really working up a sweat! I really don't think we need to push exercise on him. He's gonna get enough on his own! :D

I am so relieved that everything went so well. I can't wait for him to get to school and back to normal.

What good news. So happy to hear how well Christopher is doing.
How about letting him ride his bike? If the doctor permits it, that's great exercise and what boys don't love their bikes. :) It is such a favor to do a child IMO to help them form the habit of exercising. If they get in the habit as kids, hopefully they'll do it all their lives.

Of course, all depends upon doctor's approval.

Great news!! So glad he is doing so well. He healed pretty quickly and is off to school and to be a kid once again. Hope everything continues to go well.
Keep us posted. :)

what great news that he can resume his activities. not losing out on school is a biggie. He will be glad to be there and FEELING WELL! Isn't that just great. Give him a hug from VR as he goes off to school the first day! Blessins...........

Latest posts

Back