Reality hits hard

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john79t

Thursday the guy who was my boss for 10 years in the military and my best friend came by to see me. We had a good visit. While here he remarked that one would think it would be him having to have heart surgery instead of me. This morning I recieved a call he died of a heart attack yesterday. What a shock. I still can not believe it.

I'm sorry to learn of the passing of your best friend. I wonder if he was having some kind of body signals about his heart and he just misunderstood what was going on. Such a sad thing when a dear friend passes away without warning like that. I lost my best friend since Jr. High about 2 months ago. She died 2 weeks after a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. I still haven't been able to fully comprehend what happened either. God Bless You. I hope you find peace in your heart.

Sorry to hear about your friend. My husband is the one who had an AVR at 51 years old and he had never had any health problems before this. He has also had several friends die from heart attacks since his surgery.

He was on BP meds. He was checked for blockage a few years ago and none was present. He was definitalely a type A personality. He had been working on his son's car in the 90 degree heat the day before. Just a shock.

So very sorry to hear of the passing of your good friend. So shocking and painful.

I lost a dear friend the same way just a few months after my first OHS. He was the picture of good health and vigor. All who knew and loved him dearly were stunned. It took me months to accept he was gone. I still miss him daily.

So Very Sorry About Your Best Friend...

So Very Sorry About Your Best Friend...

Here's wishing you, your family and your friend's family nothing but the best in comfort during this difficult time. Reality has definitely set in....:eek::eek::eek: Harrybaby

He was the rare find as a friend. Not often in the military does your boss become your best friend. I always knew I could call on him for anything any time of the day or night. Yes I am so thankful that he came to visit thrursday.

John, so very sorry on the loss of your friend. I know it was good that he came over for that visit but that sense of irony in him mentioning his potential as a heart patient on that occasion had to strike hard. I pray for his family and for you and hope you will be sustained by many good memories.

Lossing a friend is so very difficult, but lossing someone so suddenly can be even harder. I truly hope that you will find comfort in that last visit and the knowledge that he cared so much about you to spend the time with you. Wishing you comfort in your good memories. Jane

So sorry to read the news of the death of your friend! My condolences to you & to his family!

It is such a terrible shock when something like this happens to someone near & dear to us. May he rest in peace!

Take care John!

I'm sorry to read this John,my condolences to you and your
friends family

John:

So sorry to hear of your friend's passing.

Several years ago, I chatted with a VP at the newspaper where I work. He was dressed for playing golf. Several hours later, we got word he had had a massive heart attack while on the golf course. He was very well liked, so everyone was stunned. He had also been either Fort Worth city manager or assistant city manager, so he was very well known.

So I can sense how you felt when you heard of your friend's passikng.

I truely feel saddened at the loss of your friend. I pray you will find some comfort in times like this of hard understanding. Think of the good times and the many ways you helped him that you might not even be aware of. Be comforted in the fact that you were a friend to him or he would not have come to see you. God Bless you. John aka opticman

Here again, though a little different, I can relate. I had a neighbor that my mom relied on to check on me after my dissection surgery. If I didn't answer the phone, he'd come over, walk in and see if I was sleeping or having problems. He was only about 45 years old. One morning, he asked me to help him load some piece of equipment on to his pick up for a roofing job, as he was a roofer. Got it loaded up, he went to work and was dead 2 hours later. Massive heart attack and gone instantly.

Latest posts

Back