Rain's report

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rain

Hi everybody!

I made it back home safe and sound. I hope you all did too!! On the way home we heard on the radio that there was a breach of security and DIA was evacuated! Yikes! Couple hours later they said it was a false alarm. I sure hope none of you were still there!

We had such a fabulous time. I'm already looking forward to next year!! Thought I oughtta give a little report for those of you who couldn't attend. We did end up splitting up at times.... so Dave's gonna have to fill you in on some of it.

First.... we all had a wonderful supper at the Buffalo Rose Thursday night. My Ry came down from Fort Collins.... Now some of you know he really does exist!! lol QAS bought our meal... it was great! And we all got to meet Phillip and Lance. Thank you, guys!! Two very wonderful people, they did a great job of representing their company. I?m sure they must have secretly had heart surgery at some time in thier past.... because they fit right in as ?one of us?! :D They answered every home testing question we threw at ?em. :D

Friday AM we had breakfast at the Golden Hotel, which was fantastic. Vergil, Ry and I ate earlier than the rest... they had to get back to their classes, etc. Later the group decided to go hiking. Gina, Jan & Bill were about 15 mins. from the hotel.... so Janie, Cort and I waited for them and ended up on a separate excursion altogether. (The others were to far ahead of us... Dave will have to give you the details of their trip). We went up on Lookout Mountain. It began to sleet, but that didn?t stop us! :p We climbed 370 stairs to visit Mother Cabrini in a blowing snowstorm! Bon-Bon may have been there for all we know!! :D It was well worth every step. We also visited Buffalo Bill?s grave and had lunch at a little café near there. Back to the hotel by 3:00 to meet the group for the Coors tour. Oops.... they left early! Gina, Bill, Jan and I ended up taking the tour alone, but did meet up with the group in the bar. Those 3 free 8 oz drinks slowed ?em down a little! ;) lol The beer was great!! The guy said it was less than five days old. We met back at the banquet room for the meal. It was absolutely wonderful. Al gave us a wonderful talk. I believe Hank recorded it. Lance and Phillip offered their time for any questions. And some of the people actually ate Bonnie?s canned road kill!!! :eek: I have a picture of Al eating it! :D We managed to slip off for a few blood draws... I was a 4.2... that?s what happens when you don?t take your vitamins! Phillip?s a real trooper... he even took the test... and came in at a perfect 1.0 Back to the banquet room for a little Karaoke. Thanks Ray and Jean!! (I have a picture of them too!) :) We sang everything from religious to rock and roll! Saturday we trekked back to the Buffalo Rose for breakfast. lol Interesting... it was interesting. I got a picture of that too.... the Beverly Hill Billies eating at thier 'fancy eatin tables'. From there, some of group took walks down the river, some went on a tour of Celestial Tea, some of us went to Heritage Square and Red Rocks... I was with that group. Lets see if I can remember everyone... Dave, Marsha, Lorraine, Carol, Ray, Christina, Jean, Sherry, Bill, Jan, Janie, Gina, and me. Heritage Square was very nice, very quiet, not many people there. Janie, Gina, Lorraine, Sherry & I decided to do the bob-sled thing down the mountain. Wow!! We were all a little chicken at first....(okay.. real chicken) but once we were on the sleds..... there was no slowing us down!! :D Well...... maybe ONE big thing in front of Janie?s sled. lol Couldn?t run over the folks in front of us! On to Red Rocks!! I read in the magazine in the room that the Red Rocks were once considered one of the seven wonders of the world! It?s so pretty up there... only way it could have been better, is to see a concert. We got back just in time for the Yankee Swap. What fun!! We gotta do that again. The hot items seemed to be Janie?s birdhouse from Texas, my Kokopelli wall ornament from Cortez and Betty?s golfing items from SC. People was just a stealin? stuff from each other right and left!! Janie got my Kokopelli, Sherry got the golfing stuff and wonderful woman that she is..... she gave it back to Hank!! lol Who ended up with the birdhouse?? I think it was Sherrin. Hungry again... we were off to The Capital Grill. Had another great dinner. Lots of laughter and conversations. Our waitress had just recently lost her own son at a very young age (21) to open heart surgery. That hit a little close to home for all of us.

The reunion was such a great time. I encourage all of you to start saving your pennies for the 2005 reunion. I promise you won?t regret it. My only regret is that I didn?t get to spend more time with some people. Seems like I gave them a hug and turned around and they were gone!! :eek: :(

I'll send you all more pictures later.... I have 200 of them!! :eek:

Thank you Rain for the recap!

And.....EVERYTHING yourself and Dave did to pull off the best VR.com reunion yet!

This one's for you girlfriends!

Rain:

You and Dave did an outstanding job of organizing everything.
I've been in charge of events for up to hundreds of people and I know that it is difficult to coordinate dinners, hotel, side trips, etc.

As we say in Texas, you dun good.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Marsha,

Thank you so very much. :) I tried to get everyone directed in the same direction... but let me tell you.. it?s impossible! :eek: lol I?m sure happy to hear everyone had a good time... and I really appreciate the ?thank yous?.

Thanks everyone, for all the private messages and emails too. I?ll answer them all, I promise. :) I?ve just been busy today getting the dog, kids, business, etc. back in order before we leave Thursday for California. I truly appreciate you?re letting me know you had a good time. It was well worth the effort!! I?d be happy to do it again any time. Any time any of you are passing through Cortez, just let me know!

My 2 Cents....

My 2 Cents....

I just wanted to add my thanks to this thread.

Thank You Rain..

Thank You Dave..

Thank you to all who attended...

It was an awesome experience..

I am exhausted.. we just finished an 8 hour drive and the kids I left home think I should be visiting with them now so more later.. Pics will be posted tomorrow...

WOW! What a great reunion :D :rolleyes: :) :p :eek:

Hi everyone

Hi everyone

I wanted to add my thanks to Rain and Dave as well. You two did such an awesome job!
Lindsay, our quiet observer, knows every single one of your names. She was so quiet ( Till last night in the hotel in Santa Fe :eek: ) But she was paying close attention. We were showing the other kids all the pictures and she told them who each person was. She didn't miss a single name.

She has already told me that if any of the other kids don't want to go on their turn, she gets to!

Anyway, It was a beautiful location with beautiful people. Each year just gets better and better. As more people attend and as friendships deepen. You guys are all such wonderful people. What a blessing it is in our life to know you.

I don't care where next years reunion happens, just so long as it does!

Al eating Bonnie's road kill...

Al eating Bonnie's road kill...

In CO our road kill is usually deer....

Enough?!

Enough?!

I?m just getting started!! :eek: lol Check out this one of Greg bonding with Lindsay?s baby.....

I'll delete them.

I'll delete them.

Just playing, Ross... we can go back and delete them after they're a day or so old. I don't know why some are showing up on screen and others aren't. Must be the size of the attachment.

I'm going to burn them all to a CD and mail them to Hank. I'll try to do that tonight.

Maybe you'll like this one better, Ross.

Maybe you'll like this one better, Ross.

Guess who won the scar contest?! :eek: :D

Hey we missed it!

Hey we missed it!

Ok gals, when did you have the scar contest, I missed it!! Way to "cut" loose :cool:

There is no need to delete any of them. I want them and it's difficult for my pea sized brain to keep running back and getting the newer ones. ;)

Rain!!! The bottom of your scar looks just like the bottom of mine!!! :D The top of my scar is much lighter and thinner than the bottom. Y'all will just have to take my word for it. I'm not taking a picture of it! :p

Latest posts

Back