Rain's report

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michelle,

We were comparing scars after breakfast Sunday morning in the lobby. :eek: :D The weekend went by so fast we didn't get an 'official' contest. :( I gave Sara the prizes I bought, when I got home. I wish I would have given one of them to Lindsay!! :mad: Didn't think about it at the time. She is absolutely adorable, and so very well behaved. :)

Karlynn, that's exactly what we were talking about. It's funny how some people have the little thick part of the scar on top and others have the thicker part on bottom. Vergil caught Sherrin, Jean and I comparing notes (scars). Since he took the picture, I decided I was safe to post it. :D

Here's a picture for Bonnie with the names on it. We are missing Greg, Janie, Cort, Lance, Phillip, Lorraine and Carol in the picture. I have many group pictures... but seems someone is always missing from one of them. And there were different people there on different days.

Great group picture!!!!!

Sharrin, have meant to tell you that I really like your hair cut. It makes you look 10 years younger than your picture from last year's reunion. (So you look 29 and not 39 :D )

Haven't seen Christina L, or Melissa in any pictures yet. Did I miss 'em?

Have really enjoyed looking at the pictures, it's the next best thing to being there. Well, I take that back, the next best thing to being there would be looking at them with a nice cold Coors in my hand.

Yep, yep, yep....

Yep, yep, yep....

Both ChristinaL and Melissa were there. Let me tell ya, Melissa does a mean Karaoke! What a showgirl.... :D And Sherry made us take notice cause she can REALLY sing! And Greg ain't half bad either ;) ....and Lance, well - boy was I tempted to join him in "La Bamba!" Que bueno, mi amigo! :D

The Karaoke was a blast and muchas gracias to Jean and Ray for providing all the equipment and they've really got some nice stuff including their own harmony on a couple of songs.

Now, where's that video of Hank and crew singing "Jailhouse Rock?" :eek:

We closed out the Karaoke session with "Amazing Grace" and then "Proud to be an American" with everyone standing, singing along and maybe, just maybe shedding a little tear.

Hi Karlynn,
The truth behind the hair cut . I had it all cut off when I thought I was going to have surgery in April. They had to cansel the surgery because of heart muscle was too bad, my injection went down to 15% and the crazy thing about it that had been telling the Dr.s for months that I was getting weaker every day but they didn't listen has usual.But i do like the shorter
hair cut it is easier to take care of.

Christina L and Mellisa...

Christina L and Mellisa...

I got photos of them too!! :D

There's not many women taller than I am.... but Mellisa is one of 'em! :eek:

The other picture is the group picture at The Capital Grill Saturday night.

Hi Gals ,
Nice touch with the red hats. You all looked great! We all had a great time! :D I am not a beer drinker but the Zamma orange was rally good. The first beer I have ever liked.

Lets switch!!

Lets switch!!

Ah.... Come on, Sherrin..... we?re among friends..... next year lets switch!! :D You show the bottom, I?ll show the top!!

If I'd known that picture was going to be taken.... I have wore looser clothing! :eek: ...not tight shorts. But I can't let Bill from Cambria out do me!!

Thanks for a wonderful time

Thanks for a wonderful time

Just want to say thanks to Rain and Dave for the excellent organisation,

Hank and Michelle our founders

and all the wonderful people who we met at Golden

I have looked at some of the pictures, they are great

I am posting from the library in Santa Rosa NM

Once again it was a pleasure to meet you all, we can hardly wait until next year

Love

Jan and Bill

O.K., Ladies, how did I miss out on that scar contest? And dangit, I missed the morning stair pic too. Did you still have the stair pic from Thursday night, Rain?
;) ;)

Wow! Thanks for the pictures. It looks like everyone had so much fun! I'm so sorry I couldn't go. Maybe next year!

And those tall ladies... Don't tell Rain or Melissa but I really have a thing for tall women.
;)

Now, normally I would venture to guess that a guy with breasts like those maybe smoked a little too much weed. But I highly doubt that Ross smokes anything - or even can go near a lit flame! :eek:

Actually thats left over from my muscular tone days of past. I developed a nice sized chest unloading trucks before all this started. Now I'm just a mass of blob and plasma. I'll never be Nuclear Man again. :(

Hey Ross ,
You make mine look small. After two surgergy mine still small compare to some. Jan & her husband from Liverpoor where the nicest poeple you could ever want ro meet. They fit right in with the rest of us. Just like one big happy family.

I'm so sorry to have missed the scar contest -- I thought it had been forgotten, and would have to be postponed to next year's reunion. We left Golden Sunday morning 7 AM, and spent Sunday with my sister in Denver, which involved our own trip up Clear Creek and a tour of the Red Rocks amphitheater. Monday we flew to Phoenix where our son Peter took us to East Fork via the Salt River Canyon, fabulous! That same day, Monday, we climbed a short "ten-minute" trail much, much steeper than our Evergreen hike. Tuesday we went fishing at 9000 feet, but it was much too cold for the fish to come out. Bear hunting on Wednesday, and then Thursday began our trip home.
Scheduling at a reunion is so difficult. The only schedule we adhered to at all was 7:30 PM supper.

When we left the reunion we headed up to Estes Park where we stayed for 3 nights before flying back to N.C. We stayed at the Stanley hotel which is an old historic hotel with beautiful views. I was so pleased to be able to have lunch with Christina L. and spend a little time visiting with her. She is just as she seems on this board, warm, caring, and very pretty! We spent some time up in the Rocky Mountain National Park and had an uneventful trip home. I know, if it is at all possible, I will try to make next year's reunion as well. There wasn't a person there that felt like a stranger!

Latest posts

Back