Radiant # too lo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisou

Five years after surgery I got for my regular check up at the cardiologist only to be told that my numbers are too loo. The Dr said number was 51 asked him to speak my language and he replied not enough blood going through your valve, what do you think and does anyone else here has the same issue?:mad2:

Don't freak out yet. Can you get a copy of your echo report? Maybe he is referring to your Gradient reading ?
Also, look for your EF (ejection fraction) percentage. It's always good to have your own copies of these reports.

I agree with Bina. Another suggestions is to call his office and tell them that you didn't quite understand what he meant by low numbers. Is there a nurse who could ask him and then get back to you?
Best wishes,

Don't freak out yet. Can you get a copy of your echo report? Maybe he is referring to your Gradient reading ?
Also, look for your EF (ejection fraction) percentage. It's always good to have your own copies of these reports.

I agrree w/ both Bina and Otta, most likely it is the gradient that he is talking about. which pretty much is the difference of pressure between the left ventricle and Aorta. Altho if I remember right 51 is on the high side not low, so maybe he was talking about something else.

I would definately call and ask for a better explanation as well as copies of your past few echo reports. then you could make a chart and see if this is new or something that has been slowly getting worse.

I'd also ask what the plan is

I'm just waiting to go see my family doctor and discuss it further with him, when I asked the cardiologist what he meant he said it was like there was an obstruction, but he wasn't worried about it. Thanks guys I will definitely look into it.

Please call and get a copy of your echocardiograms. You can find a lot of help on the internet re- interpreting the results or we'll help you with it.

I'm just waiting to go see my family doctor and discuss it further with him, when I asked the cardiologist what he meant he said it was like there was an obstruction, but he wasn't worried about it. Thanks guys I will definitely look into it.

Not o alarm you, but I really wouldnt be comfortable with "I asked the cardiologist what he meant he said it was like there was an obstruction, but he wasn't worried about it" I would ask where he thinks the obstruction is, what could it be? clot/ pannus (tissue) or at least for him to explain why he isnt worried about it. I'm curious how ofen do you have your check ups? Did he mention the possibility of moving the test closer to keep an eye on it. Or maybe having a different ttest to see if you can get a beter look at it? I know you have a mech valve, so pretty sure MRI is out, maybe he can explain things better so you undersand why he isnt concerned right now. For example maybe that is the only result off and everything else heart wise (pressures in ventricle, valve etc) looks great so it might be nothing type of thing.

Latest posts

Back