Quick question???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blessed1416

What is a normal resting heart rate? I've felt rather badly lately and have kept check on my blood pressure thinking that could be the cause. My machine also reads my pulse and over the last week it hasn't fallen below 93 and has been as high as 116 while resting. Physical exersion has been tough this week also (trying to work in yard and staining my deck). I take coreg twice daily. I thought this med was for increased heart rate. Thanks for any answers. Have a wonderful day!;)

Hi,

I can provide maybe some general info..

Normal BP is concidered to be approx 120/80 Although this can vary.
If the high number is above 130, they say this is "High Normal", and over 140 is "High"

Normal pulse may also vary, but somewhere in low to mid 70's, and even lower are my normal readings. I also sometimes go as low as 65, and when exerting myself during exercise, if I am lucky, I may get it up to 98 or 105. This is due to me being on a Beta Blocker.

I am sure others can give more specific responses to you.

Good luck, and hope you get to feeling better!

Rob

Rob has it right. 120/80 is generally considered normal BP, but lower is better.

Heart rates vary greatly. 93 is pretty fast for a resting heart rate. My resting rate is usually in the mid 40's, and always has been, but that is abnormally low.

I would get the high HR checked out. Something is making your heart work harder to keep everything oxygenated.

Your quote from Psalms is good. It is a great way to create a sense of calm, to listen to what God might want to say to you. It is very difficult for us to be still and listen to God, especially when we are worried about valves, heart rates, etc.

Thanks

Thanks

for your responses! My blood pressure is within the normal range. It is my resting heart rate that concerns me. It has continued to run 93+ over the weekend. I called my cardio and am waiting for a return call from his nurse.

I don't know what I would do without this website. I never complain about my heart to my family or friends, it scares them. If I didn't have this communication with my friends at VR.com to vent and ask questions, living with heart problems would be a lot harder.

Rob- you said your heart rate runs low because of beta blockers. I take altace and coreg which I thought both would lower my heart rate.

67Walkon- thanks for your encouraging words about "standing still." This verse is a source of strength for me.

Ross-thanks for your direct answer 60-80 , the normal resting heart rate numbers was what I was asking for. 93 isn't as bad as I thought.

You all have a blessed day!!

Your resting heart rate also depends on how old you are. My 16 yr old son's is running in the 80s right now. He is on Coreg. Before this last surgery it was running 100-115. The docs were not real worried because he is so young. They said that when you are really young it runs higher.

Latest posts

Back