Question?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfay

Okay, I'm asking this for my neighbor who has an elderly father on coumadin. She just came over and asked if him having diarrhea for about a week now could have any effect on his INR. She is concerned because in the last couple of months, he has had 2 pretty bad GI bleeds, and in fact almost bled out in the first one. He is so weak right now that he fell yesterday and broke some ribs. I told her that I thought that any stomach issues could cause problems with your INR, but wanted to ask those who take it every day to get some input. She said he can tell he is not presently bleeding internally (GI anyway). Any advise I can give to her??

Did you mean to post this in the ACT forum?

Ditto to Sid.

Do you know if the hospital diagnosed the broken ribs? I would think she needs to get him to his doctors -- pronto!

Did you mean to post this in the ACT forum?

Ditto to Sid.

Do you know if the hospital diagnosed the broken ribs? I would think she needs to get him to his doctors -- pronto!

REALLY ????????? Why has he not been taken to an ER already THAT seems to be the question you should ask your friend !!!!! He is dehydrated and rpobably needs an IV ....but he MUST have medical intervention!!!

This borders on elder abuse in failing to provide him with his needs we just buried my aunt (95yrs) who fell and guess what ....BROKE TWO RIBS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell her to get him to an ER sooner than ASAP she was in hospital within an hour of falling and a patient advocate investigated

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back