question re. broken blood vessel in eye serious?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrP

Does anyone know whether or not a broken blood vessel in my eye as a result of high blood pressure (and coumadin) is a symptom I should be concerned about?
Yesterday I drove about 10 hours across the country for the second day in a row. Both of my eyes were strained from this driving and bloodshot at the end of each day. BUT, at the end of the second day of driving, I checked into a hotel and then consumed several drinks of vodka. This morning I discovered a blood vessel must've broken in my right eye, and a large red spot on 1/3 of this eye is visible. I also realized that I had not taken my blood pressure medicine the night before when I usually take it, and I could tell my heartbeat was high and blood pressure was high this morning.
I have BAV disease and a mechanical valve w/ prosthetic aorta and take atenolol and coumadin.

this isn't a first in VR. Others have had it and nobody seemed to have any other problems show up. Perhaps some of them will see this and drop in to give you more details.

A search (above) might help you find some of them on your own.,

It happens to some on occasion. Unless your vision is affected, the blood should absorb in a week or two and you'll be back to normal. If it's affecting your vision, go get checked out.

Latest posts

Back