Question for female friends!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisou

Has anyone here ever heard of taking Pro-B when taking antibiotics to prevent the unwanted yeast infection that comes with it, because we all know that if we have to use Monistat it throws our INR up the roof, if you heard about it, did you ever try it and does that affect the INR.

Lisou, for many long years and as advised by my doctor, once I finished my antibitotics I would eat yogurt...it helps to clean up all your intestines from the antibiotic side effects; and these days there is yogurt with acidophilus (sp??) which is specially to prevent or help with yeast infection. If you need to take yogurt while on antibiotics, make sure to take them about 2-4 hours apart--dairy products affect the effectiveness of antibiotics!!

Good luck.

I have had to take antibiotics twice and both times ended up with the dreaded yeast infection. The Monistat never bothered my INR.

Monistat doesn't bother my INR. And yogurt doesn't help the v. yeast infections, either, for me 'cause I eat yogurt almost daily. But it does help the tummmy issues arrising from many antibiotics.

The one that bothers the INR is the oral anti-fungal whose name escapes me. THAT is a big no-no with coumadin "major, severe, well-documented" interactions.

I ALWAYS take Acidophilus *with* antibiotics and continue for a few days after the antibiotic course.
Ask your Coumadin Manager or Pharmacist about possible interactions. I'm thinking it is minor, at least in comparison to the effect of the antibiotics themselves.

Agility Dog - are you thinking of "diflucan"?
That is a pretty powerful anti-fungal drug.

Nystatin is a less potent anti-fungal drug,
presumably with less of an interaction with Coumadin.

I started using the loaded yogurt a couple months ago and find it helps lots of things. But have always heard drs advise yogurt. A local pharmacist also did when granddaughter had yeast infection.

Yes, diflucan. My late sister took it daily :eek: when she was undergoing chemo and stem cell transplant.

It's quite effective, but it's off limits for us rat poison addicts- that's the one warning I got before surgery which has actually turned out to be accurate!:D

I just hope I never miss it...

www.rephreshprob.com/ here is the site, I don't think there's even medication involved in there, don't even need a prescription for it, its an over the counter pill you can buy to
balance yeast and bacteria to maintain feminine health . I just heard of that last week.

Latest posts

Back