Question about Pleurisy Adhesions - 5 months post op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgurevitch

I am 5 months post AVR and I'm feeling great! I went for an echo last week and all is good. I do still have a small leak in my (pig) valve due to my specific anatomy of my aortic root. The docs will keep an eye on it (with echos every 6 months) but so far so good.

I was diagnosed with pleurisy about 3 weeks post surgery. It was quite painful at first but got better pretty quickly. When I take a deep breath now, I still feel a "sensation" in my lungs, not pain really, but kind of a tightness. Based on my surgeon and cardio's recommendation, I made an appointment with my primary care doctor. She did some breathing tests on me and also some blood work to make sure I did not have some sort of underlying infection. All came back fine.

She basically told me I have pleurisy adhesions (scar tissue) and the best course of action is continued deep breathing. She wants me to come back and see her in about 4 months (unless something gets worse or changes).

Does anyone else have any experience with pleural adhesions. I did some searching on the internet and there does not seem to be much info about this.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back