PVC's and ablasion

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sood

2 years post op here with AVR (on-x valve) and ascending aortic aneurysm repair. I've recently wore a holter for 24 hours and they said 40% of the time I'm having PVC's. My cardio referred me to the cardio in his office that deals with these cases and does all the fancy electro-phys stuff, if that is even a word. Anyway my cardio thinks I should have a procedure where they scar the area of my heart experiencing the PVC's in order to make them go away. This is called cardiac ablasion and is done in the cath lab. It sounds kinda scary but obviously isn't OHS. I haven't gotten anymore info on it as I was unprepared discussing this with him on the phone. My appointment with the other cardio is a few weeks away, they said it wasn't an emergency.

Has anyone had this procedure done post OHS? And if so did your PVC's go away?

I asked my cardio if I can take meds for it, he said something to the effect that long term the meds to deal with this would weaken my heart.

I don't take any beta blockers, used to right after surgery but he took me off them. All I take is warfarin and baby aspirin.

Any advise or help is greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back