Purple Toes Syndrome?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nancy -

I'm ignorant about this and now I'm afraid to Google it; but what is "purple toes syndrome?"

Hope all goes well for you both.

WOW!

Does the color "blanche" with moderate pressure and/or elevation for Joe?

Dear Nancy:

Good to hear that it is looking a wee bit better. Wayne's improved very very slowly, but they did improve. Looking forward to the Dr.'s DX. -Mb

The vascular surgeon did not think the feet looked too bad, and said that there was nothing to do for them at this point. He even said that they did not need to get better, just didn't need to get worse. He discharged Joe. But told me to keep an eye on it, and if it got significantly worse then he would sit down and discuss risk to benefit ratios--Joe being a fragile patient.

He said if I really wanted to see something bad, I could take a look at feet with gangrene and pus coming out of them :eek: Funny man! I declined.

We were both relieved that he didn't see a bad thing there.

There was no actual diagnosis, he said it could be purple toe syndrome, but my guess was that he thought it was poor circulation. Joe is not moving around too much at this point, still having physical therapy.

Nancy
Glad to hear that the doctor did not seem to worry about Joe's condition. Good news

Dear Nancy:

Well, you've now had two doctors look at his feet, they don't seem to be gettingany worse........I guess all good news. I personally think this is one of those situations, where there really are no clear answers. You've done your best, and it probably will improve, albeit taking longer than one would hope.

Best wishes,

Marybeth

Latest posts

Back