Pt

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHerrin Hutt

My inr was 6.8 to day last week it was fine. Do you think the stress can mess it up. And you know the stress I have been on the last week. No drug change or diet.

I don't know what dose your on nor how you dose, but if you've been inactive with all this stress, I'm sure you'd see something. I doubt it would go that high though. Yours always has been wild swings hasn't it?

SHerrin:
I agree with Catwoman. It's very unusual for an INR to go that high just because of stress. I like Al Lodwick's statement about an increase in INR can ususally be attributed to something put in the mouth. Al has had several High INRs that can be directly traced to errors in the test. If you have your own tester, you can test a family member or friend who does not take Coumadin. The INR would be about 1.0. Hope you figure out what caused this and get back to your comfort level INR.
Blanche

Pt

Yeah!!! I have been up and down, But lately I have doing pretty good.I have a protime machine. But because I'm on the medicare program They only will pay for being tested once a week. If I need extra testing I have to go the hospita or primary Dr.l for more testing.

I think that the main reaction to stress is what people do about it. If the person eats more to deal with stress, then the INR is likely to go down. If the person eats less, then the INR is likely to go up.

Inr

Inr

I was up dating my drug list and I found out that Tricor can raise your INR. It took over three weeks before it sound up. I tood it today and it was down from last week to 5.0 from 6.3 from last week. Thanks for your help.

Sherrin---You can purchase extra supplies (cuvette & tenderlette, etc.) from QAS. They come in packages of four, just as the supplies paid for by Medicare. Sierra Bob

Thanks Bob
Medicare pay for testing for 12 wks. But if you test more than once a week I have to go my primary Dr. or the local hosp. 5 min. away. I have did this once an the hosp. wouldn.t give me the results.

Latest posts

Back