ProTime Home Testing Unit

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lance:

I do hold the pick with the index and thumb of my right hand. I guess this means I could use the other three fingers. What I was trying to say was that blood flows from anywhere there is a skin puncture. Wouldn't I be able to use my knee or my forearm or my toes? :eek:

Thanks
Greg T.

Hi Greg,

For what it's worth, I play keyboards, and don't have any trouble with my finger stick hurting while I play. Afterall, it is only a little stick.

As for other parts of the body, I guess you would have to find a creative way of filling the little collection funnel that is used by the unit to pull the blood into the unit for testing.

When i first read your post, I said,,,geezzz... You could just use the fingers on his hand that he picks with. The finger stick heals up real fast, and is not like having an open wound. I guess if you tested every day of the week, you would have an issue, but once a week should not be a problem.

If you live near anyone here on the board that has a Protime unit, perhaps you could visit and check it out.

Good luck,
Rob

To Greg

To Greg

Hello Greg,

Why don't you email me at [email protected] or call me at 800-298-4515 ext. 2865. Give me your complete address and I'll send you some samples of all the fingersticks. For people that are testing daily, and have soreness in their fingers, we have a device called the Personal Lasette. This is actually done with a laser, so patients feel nothing. The only downside to these is their cost, $995.00.

Lance

Ouch!!!

Ouch!!!

Hi Lance & Rob:

Ok I admit it, I guess I whimped out :( After all the blood tests I have had in the past (INR & otherwise) I was begining to feel(look) like a pin cushion. Sorry to bother this thread with that sort of stuff.

Greg T

Hi Greg,

Don't worry about posting any questions on the board.

The only bad question is the one you didn't ask. I would take Lance up on his advice and call him. He really helped me with getting my Protime unit.

Good luck,

Rob

Hi Gregg,

I agree, there aren't any questions that can not be asked! Also will say QAS is great and will help you in all ways possible. I think you might feel less like a 'pin cushion' with the 'finger stick' compared to the lab draw!!!

Best of luck to you,

Zipper

Rob & Zipper:

Thanks. I have contacted Lance via e-mail. They already know me at QAS I just hadn't thought of asking them about the sample location until my post the other day

Greg T

Latest posts

Back